2024 Jeep Wrangler 4xe -- learning the ropes

I am just starting my journey on looking at a new lease. I am in the middle of a home purchase set to close at the end of April, and shortly thereafter I’ll be looking for a new vehicle, but I’m not in a hurry (just cruising in my faithful '08 toyota sienna!)

I am attracted to the 4xe for the decent fuel economy along with basic offroad capabilities, but I’m in no way married to the idea.

There are a couple local dealerships in Portland OR area, and some numbers I see online are:

New 2024 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude 4xe

MSRP: $70,580
Additional Savings: $6,750
Discounts: $7637
Selling Price: $56,193
(2024 DJR National Retail Consumer Cash 24CR1 $3000)
(Federal EV Tax Credit $3750)

New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives. Tax, Title and Tags not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser. While great effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, errors do occur so please verify information with a customer service rep. This is easily done by calling us at [redacted] or by visiting us at the dealership. Advertised price after all rebates have been applied.

I’m waiting to go in and ‘apply’ since my credit must remain untouched until after the home purchase… but I’m trying to figure out what my “target” should be on a lease deal. I tried filling in a calculator with the above info but I’m not sure if I’m doing it right? I had to guess the RV and MF based on this for now.

For homework, I see on this CA dealer link that they offer:
Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara High Alt 4xe
MSRP: $66,XXX
Monthly Payment: $650 plus tax
Drive-Off Amount: $4000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k

So I figure that is a good base point of comparison?

I see for this person 1 year ago, there was a similar offering going (7500 EV credit I think is about equivalent to the discounts I see today/above?)

And also this comment by @harrydogyo stating he got a '23 Rubicon 4xe 36/10 1419$ DAS 395/month

I’m hoping I can get an additional 1000$ off with a TDM code, although I haven’t been able to figure out getting one from the jeep website yet (Maybe you can help me harrydogyo?)

Also, just to make sure I understand some things correctly… is the RV of say .63 based on that purchase price? So it will be worth (56193 * .63 = ) $35,401 at the end of the lease? (and therefor, my cost is going to be at least 21k of lost value, plus ‘rent’, and plus fees? So, around $760/mo?)

Happy to try to get you a tdm just PM first and last name email and zip.

And my deal was on a lower msrp, different month and state so maybe not the best apples to apples.

Some west coast brokers in the marketplace might be able to help too.

i am in the same boat . prices are coming up to nearly 720 issh , @harrydogyo …is there a chance for your deal to still exist …

How often are you going somewhere where an AWD unibody can’t go?

If that dealership is Gresham Jeep or Dick Hannah in Vancouver, don’t bother and find a broker on here instead. I’ve never wasted so much time with a dealership to get nowhere toward a posted price as I did with those two.

Just realized you’re referencing a broker deal and not a Portland area one. Definitely the better option than trying here.

This is not accurate info for a lease.

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option.

Rate Findr has that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. It’s a tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

1 Like

Yes deals like mine are still possible, though they’re not quite as good with this months numbers. As stated earlier, your state comes into play with discounts. Look in the marketplace for a broker and understand that shipping is probably part of a deal you’d need to make.

Whats different about your deal? Whats driving the price higher? The answer to that question will answer your question.

1 Like

i was looking for a rubicon with Skytop … it is coming around 700 change with 0 down … So now i am looking at Sahara with skytop
The quote i got for rubicon

That makes sense. You’re comparing my deal on a very base Rubi to one with SOT. I pay $500 a month for my loaded Sahara with SOT. The more stripped down/lower the sticker the bigger impact the incentives have. I think SOT is one of the list fun features to pay for but it’s about what’s worth it to you.

totally agree …only reason for SOT is that i am in CT and it keeps raining on and off :frowning:

How often are you going somewhere where an AWD unibody can’t go?

Definitely not that often! Now that I have been looking into the mechanics for how leases work and sniffing around, I see Kia EV6 AWD cars for good prices (and as a bonus, my credit score is only 719, but I’ve had one car payment and one lease payment before with 100% payment, and the lease was a Hyundai, so I’ll likely qual for tier1), and the dealership here in OR is combining both the 7500 credit with the OR resident only 2500$ credit, they have the EV6 on ‘special’ showing 217/mo with 24/10 and 2879$ DAS (i’d likely attempt to convert that to 0$ DAS and 36/10).

2024 EV6 WIND AWD
MSRP 55750 after dealer discount of $3000
dealer rebate $7500
Oregon Clean Vehicle-rebate $2500
Excludes OR lic. titl. admin fee, tax.
Acq fee of 650$ incl in payment. 8087.24 Total Lease Charge.
36795 Residual.

I certainly don’t have a problem waiting until May or even the last day of June if that is what it takes to find a good deal.

If that dealership is Gresham Jeep or Dick Hannah in Vancouver …

@safaristeve Also good to know on Gresham Jeep or Dick Hannah in Vancouver, the listed price above was for Dick Hanna Vancouver. I have seen similar pricing at Ron Tonkin in Milwaukie (and even closer to myself, McMinnville, but far less inventory).

Be aware the dealership is doing nothing that every other dealership there cant do. Dont let them convince you that giving you the incentives from the manufacturer is doing anything.

Additionally, be aware that their advertised lease price there likely has a giant asterisk for all the taxes and fees not included.