2023 Toyota Sequoia

At $10K markup/blessings… would you pick the Sequoia TRD Pro or a Bronco Raptor? I think the Raptor would be more fun but long term the Sequoia wins out. I suspect both will resale for below MSRP in a year… but maybe I’m pessimistic. I don’t think I’d own either for more than 1-2 years. They seem like weekend toys.

Bronco Raptor will be impossible to get for a long time. Ford is just fucked in terms of production.

2 Likes

I have a white pro at 9k over on the lot. I think if any color holds value over msrp fkr the next 1-2 years it’ll be white. But I think all should be strong based on wholesale pricing being 100k now and just such limited production.

2 Likes

Assuming similar MSRP and same 10k markup, I’d take the bronco raptor. MMR on those is still in the 105 range. Trd pro is 98-100, but more dependent on color. Black and white seems to command the most $$. Raptor would be more “fun” but the Trd pro sequoia is sweet in its own way.

1 Like

I had a $10K blessings deal in place (for a Raptor) as the original buyer was having issues with funding but I think they are giving him/her extra time. Everything about the deal was getting nickel and dime… $2K more in add-ons, worst trade in values I’ve seen (I’d skip trading in), poor communication.

I have a possible TRD Pro secured at under $10K though with the dealer where I purchased my RAV4 Prime. Honest transparent dealer who sends complete price sheets and even e-signs documents. It’s crazy I have to say this because there are dealers will not provide detailed pricing at all.

Y’all need to stop treating dealers like they are gods for only making you pay only nearly $10k over MSRP.

3 Likes

To be fair… I might be getting the Sequoia at MSRP plus standard dealer junk they add to all new cars. The same deal as my RAV4 Prime from this dealer. I’m just expecting blessings at this point,

That’s why I refuse to pay over msrp out of principal….and it helps with margins

Someone made you buy a car?

Huh? Buy whatever you want.

I am saying you dont need to worship some scummy dealer/broker etc for only fing you up slightly less than somebody else.

3 Likes

Well I officially lost out on the Raptor as I was merely the backup buyer but now I have a black TRD Pro allocated to me at MSRP plus regular dealer add-on.

I want something light off road capable on some trails but am not sure this is it. It’s a bit of a filler SUV until my Rivian R1S arrives in the fall. Higher trim Broncos around me have some markup but they are falling. I find the idea of paying $65K for a non Raptor Bronco insane. These are very basic SUVs.

No one makes anyone pay anything. It’s a decision, and there’s a reason some cars sell for a markup. Some dealers charge markups on average cars, it’s up to the consumer to decide if it’s worth it or not. Maybe paying $1000 over msrp is better for someone in nebraska if their other option is to travel or ship a car from Texas.

https://www.amazon.com/Principles-Economics-Carl-Menger/dp/1610162021

Take it and sell it immediately

7 Likes

This 100%. What is the eta for it to be on the ground?

Unless their “regular dealer add-ons” amount to 15k+ :joy:

1 Like

Is MMR that high on these? I might have secured a second one lol.

I wasn’t planning to flip immediately but to keep it until August.

3 days. They are even surprised because other ones are 45 days out.

Dealer add on is sub $2K.

1 Like

Hook a brother up !

Yes send it immediately

1 Like

98xxx right now. Color is a big factor. Black and white seem best.

1 Like