2023 Toyota Sequoia

Not sure how I feel about this.

Always felt Sequoia was in a no man’s land.

1 Like

Never understood this thing either. It was pretty expensive for what it is, and I think I’ve only seen 2 of them over the past few years and one of those is not far from my house owned by the guy clearly dedicated to unpopular cars as he has this thing and ford flex.

5 Likes

I think Toyota is gonna boom once they get their gas mileage to compete with everyone else. 2022 and 2023. If we can get back to those high residuals and 10% off msrp there’s gonna be a lot of happy truck and suv buyers out there. Reliability is the big question with their new products. So I’m not sure the banks will give us the high residuals right away.

3 Likes

Hard to read something written by a bot coded by a high schooler.

2 Likes

Agree with sentiment but that’s a lot of “ifs” to get around. While I appreciate Toyota’s dedication to manufacturing things that work, it’s kind of hard to take a company seriously when they are so technologically behind. The laurels of reliability will only get them so far.

1 Like

They make the best selling car ever. They will be just fine. Not everyone wants self driving cars and I’m sure they will develop it anyway. They just aren’t spending a ton of money on it to be first. Their buyers want reliability and that’s their goal. So once this new engine is proven and chips start rolling out again I think we’ll again see amazing deals like last years. 50k Tundras May not be 250/mo but I can def see sub 400/mo.

3 Likes

Well, hopefully will happen by around mid-next year, I’m going to need a truck around then.

1 Like

That’s when I’m expecting things to get back to normal, late 2022, minus any major financial or other disrupting event. Trust me I cant wait to sell $250 tacos and 350 tundras again!

3 Likes

Happy Lets Go GIF by Carolina Panthers

1 Like

Corrected. I can’t wait*!!!

2 Likes

I understood the sentiment lol

1 Like

Sub 400 in your area means sub 600 in my area?

Have you been hearing about a lot of issues? I just checked Consumer Reports; the Camry, Corolla, and RAV4 all score at least a 3 out of 5 for reliability and are new-ish (new platform).

Heard it on the Tundra but not any of those.

No issues just that it’s a new model/engine. So reliability is always a risk.

1 Like

I never understood the point of the Sequoia till I realized its just an affordable version of the L.C only in terms of size for the North American market. What’s noticeable is that every newer generation gets uglier and uglier.

When it launched I believe it was larger inside and more comfortable than the contemporary LC, IIRC.

I have not really kept up with the updates since then.

Many large SUV buyers actually have no need for the off-road capability of a LC

I’ll get the first one that arrives for my wife. :sunglasses::+1:

Been promising for year when the new one releases

2 Likes