2023 Porsche 911 GT3 / GT3 RS - MSRP Possible?

Are Turbo / Turbo S being sold for MSRP? Of course this varies dealer to dealer but my question is more so on the realistic-ness of being able to find a Turbo S for MSRP with reasonable effort (which this thread has concluded is impossible for GT3s in the current market).

Article in the NYT from this week.

When people talk like this about “investments”, it is almost always the top of the market.

5 Likes

This reminds me all too much of the GME play in 2020, with everyone making their profits before the mainstream media picked up the story. The ones who listened to the published articles got burned.

What’s that old saying…history repeats itself.

1 Like

Read an interesting automotive industry primer lately
car-crash-design-secured.pdf (1.9 MB)

Page 13 provides some great insight.

In a nutshell, once the used market crashes (up to 30% or so) (bc new car supply catches up), new car pricing will correct itself automatically.

Can’t wait for a real recession to happen. People have way too much disposable income at the moment. Sigh. I would never pay that much ADM for any car. Seems very fiscally irresponsible.

You will have an easier time, but again there are probably people lined up already at MSRP or willing to at least pay a small ADM so just be willing to wait. Really you should be trying to create a relationship with a single dealer in your area if you want any chance of getting any sports car. You don’t have to buy a million cars, just be on their radar when allocations come around. I would much rather sell a limited production car to someone who will come to our events, service with us, and possible trade it back in for a little less than a one time client we will never hear from again.

Seems like ADMs have dropped? Dealer called my friends and said they can get an allocation for a 2023 GT3 Touring for $75k over MSRP. Is that a good deal or will the ADMs keep dropping?

Pretty high chance they will keep dropping. Pretty similar to g wagon, urus etc in this respect.

1 Like

I have been seeing them going up on the GT3 since there will be less production for MY23 between the GT3 RS and Dakar.

One NJ dealer told me over a year for a normal 911, a local TN guy just called me they had a 911 S someone backed out of for MSRP 140k. I think market is softening. OBV not GT3 but interesting to see the difference in different parts of country.

I know this thread is about 911 but what is the possibility of scoring a GT4 at MSRP? I called around most of west coast and some dealerships have straight up closed their order books/waitlists and others have markup/won’t do out of state. I know end of production is near so trying to see if I can snag one of these even if that means 1-2 years of wait.

No. The GT4 is the hardest GT car to get right now. You will have an easier time finding a 4 RS allocation.

Really? I’ve heard the opposite on GT4 vs RS

I can count on 1 hand the number of GT4 allocations I have seen since 2020. I would need an extra hand to count the amount of GT4 RS allocations.

1 Like

Have a 718 spyder allocation i’m now 2nd in line for. Have been waiting since October 2021 - Hoping i’ll get it before summer of 2023, but doubtful.

From my understanding, all yearly MY23 GT4/Spyder allocations have been handed out. Didn’t sound hopeful for a MY24 other than the base engines.

Ugh, I have been on a few lists for a Spyder for almost a year now. How are the Boxster GTS 4.0 allocations in comparison?

Not any better. If you don’t have a 4.0 allocation now, I wouldn’t count on getting one. Porsche either has no desire to build them or is really struggling with parts.

Well RIP my dream of a new mid engine NA porsche. Not willing to pay the inflated values on used GT4 and I know they’re not coming down anytime soon either.

Meh wait a year, there will be plenty of all flavors of Porsche available.

2 Likes