2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

Do you mind me asking what area you are in that is offereing $10k incentive? My dealer has a $5,000 incentive only

If your are buying that might be right
But Volvo C40 has a $7500 Government sponsored Incentive on Leases, so 5k means they are ripping you off.

Anything BOF Toyota and Wrangler I think were top in retained value.

Orlando / Winter Park. It’s select models and seems to be a National program.

maybe that’s an area thing. wrangler values down here don’t really seem to hold up well, especially after the 4xe craze. of course, grand cheroke’s are even worse.

It’s $5k discount + the $7500 lease pass-through.

I checked again today and all cars now lost the extra $5K.

I think it must have been an April only incentive. This showed yesterday.

There’s a rumor that Costco will start one tomorrow for the C40

I haven’t updated the first post in a while, but I did notice that NMAC is offering the $7500 lease cash.

Not sure after 5/1.

Tons of Ariyas at a local Nissan dealer… I imagine the price point is too high considering you can get a Model Y at $38k and I don’t think the Ariya has the Fed credit on a purchase. Hope they start some crazy lease programs on these.

1 Like

Nissan offers $7500 cap reduction on leases but there is no possibility of early buyout or third party buyout from the multiple Nissan sources I’ve pinged.

1 Like

Nissan allows early buyouts…if they aren’t one pay

Do we think VW will extend theirs on id4? Seems like it expires today

edit: nevermind they did extend it

3rd party buyouts are restricted.

Last year I was able to sell our Infiniti lease to a Nissan dealer so within brands may still be allowed.

I’m not looking to flip… just a cheap EV lease that’s not too small (sat in the Ariya at the LA Auto show… pretty roomy… compared to the Volvo).

not for EVs. No buyout at all.

1 Like

Interesting… probably because of the EV lease credit?

Yea they decided to emulate Tesla and Ford.

Yup. Three Nissan dealers told me no buyout and the loophole before was the dealer could buy it from you and resell it back to you at an agreed price but now Nissan takes ownership and sets the resale price. You basically can not buyout your lease at all. No third party, no selling back to your dealer, no personal buyout. Zilch.

1 Like

Is the actually no-buyout wording reflected on the contract?

It should be.

It’s not on the EPA site yet but a bulletin came down to the dealers that the '24 BMW X5 50e qualifies for a half credit ($3,750) on purchase.

3 Likes