2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

Good luck keeping it under 80k

1 Like

I saw a couple of news articles that make it sound like Kia is going to start doing the pass-through as well:

https://www.autonews.com/retail/why-kia-going-all-ev-leasing

They already are

1 Like

What Volvo model was this and what weight are you?

Kind of a personal question.

Feel free to keep scrolling if it offended you as I disnt ask you.

$7500 for EV6s but only $5000 for Niro EV.

It’s a moving target with these financing arms. Hyundai was offering $7500 on the Ioniq 5 but now it’s $5000-$5200.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered, but does the dealer lose out on any profit if a lease is paid off immediately - like at 30 days? Does the dealer care if you buy out early?

Yes: even at buy rate they get a chargeback after a certain period depending on the captive (60-120 days)

On a lease?

Thanks - do you know how the amount of the chargeback is calculated for Audi? Is it a flat fee, or what? And do you know what the chargeback period is for AFS?

Does anyone know the best way to find out if a leaseing bank will pass through the $7500? I am waiting on my F-150 Lightning and I am trying to do some calculations. I have seen comments that Ally does the pass through but I cant find any details about it online and if the Lighting applies.

Ally only does it on PHEVs, the Lightning is a full EV.

Or at least when I last checked.

Friends don’t let friends buy from banks without lease pass through and Ford is off the list. More and more banks are starting to. Keep in mind in January the PoS $7500 starts so that will change the game.

Yes by introducing the new ‘$7500 Full Charge Fee’ at dealers.

1 Like

I am aware of this. Problem is I have an ordered f-150 lightning showing up in the next month or so. And the price I ordered at is $13k below current MSRP. Also good luck ordering another pro trim truck ever. The current XLT with the options I want would be $70k, as opposed to the $53k for the truck I ordered.

From my calculations, if I can get the $7500 upfront on a lease, as long as they don’t totally jack with the residual or push the mf way too high, I should be able to get a payment under $500. Then I plan to buy it out after I sell my house.

The RV doesn’t matter if you buy it out, but yes the dealer is going to jack up the MF sky high.

RV matters when calculating the monthly payment.
I wish I could arrange the lease through a bank totally independent from the dealer but that doesn’t seem possible.

I’d love to hear if you can figure this out. I would like to do something similar on a mach-e but ford doesn’t pass through the tax credit and they also don’t allow lease buy-outs.

This doesn’t effect a lease in any way though. Only helps the very short list of vehicles that qualify on a purchase, with the msrp and income limits , etc