2023 Honda Civic Type R

So you started to pay a month interest before the car dropped?

Yes. It cost me around whopping $130 vs. expired lock at 2.19%

2 Likes

What happens if the car never lands ?

You get your money back and payoff your loan. The car was in transit.

1 Like

Yess thatā€™s right

Meanwhile In Florida, promise land of the dealer markups, auction gets to 5k over MSRP and doesnā€™t hit reserve. Seller paid 20k over. Delaying his inevitable :bathtub:

3 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, the ad mentions that the sticker showed a markup of $20k. The ad does not state that someone actually paid a 20k markup. I saw a CR-V hybrid last week that had a 20k markup on the sticker.

I have a blue/red civic type r for 5k over msrp. Is that a good deal in this market? Someone just offered it to me to sellā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m in at msrp

Iā€™m sure someone will pay 5 over tho

4 Likes

Iā€™m in at msrp. Mmr is 55!

1 Like

MMR is established?

Thereā€™s only been one sale at 57.5 to date.

2 Likes

You donā€™t need it Jim
You can keep driving your lambo that you hide from us

7 Likes

I asked my wholesaler and he told me 55 mmr. Heā€™s usually spot on, I dunnoā€¦ maybe he saw the 57500 and told me 55 so I wouldnā€™t hammer him on my fee!

3 Likes

I actually have 2 of the same build. One March one April.

Best I have found available so far was $5k over on the other side of the country. I would probably pay a couple of grand over if I could find one in-state or at least close by.

Also does anyone know if Honda restricts third-party buyouts on leases, assuming there is a lease program for the Type R?

Someone got extremely lucky today and I just missed my chanceā€¦

2 Likes

What state are you? I sold one but have another coming too

If you believe thatā€¦ at msrp no wait list is suspect always.

Thatā€™s me texting with the dealership, not a screenshot I got from a forum or something. Had I pinged them yesterday, I would be that lucky guy snatching up the Type R below MSRP. Btw I would have been an out of state customer for this dealer as well.

I am in Colorado but shopping within roughly a 1000 mile radius. Getting close on a deal at a small markup with another dealer if we can make my trade workā€¦

1 Like

perks of living in the middle of nowhere?