2023 Honda Civic Type R

IDK why this car even exists. Who tf would wanna pay more than Si/GTI money for a FWD car?

1 Like

Enough that it can command a $20k premium over a $44k price though.

Iā€™m not one of them but itā€™s hardly the only car that perplexes me that people would pay so much for.

Called the guy I bought a car from a few months ago. His dealership has the first one accounted for and the next one coming in Feb/March. They want 10k over (Auto Nation dealer that was selling cars at sticker plus $600 tint during the covid craziness).

I assume this car holds its value better than others in its class? I was reading some reader comments on Car and Driver, and at least one mentioned that they spent relatively little on CTR ownership b/c the resale value is also quite high (maybe not $20K high, butā€¦).

Depends on how much they paid for it. Hard to make the low TCO argument if paying a huge ADM.

Besides, many other cars can also have low TCO without the hideous aesthetics and the absurdity of pushing that much power through the wrong wheels.

Has anyone been able to sniff one of these at MSRP? Everyone around me is 10-15k ADM.

@GOAT has one but that guy does not share the dealer

I didnā€™t pay MSRP :joy:

Under msrp :wink:

Well free if weā€™re counting money :joy:

1 Like

Got the reply below when I said ā€œthanks for your time, not interested in 10k ADM.ā€

Whatā€™s the Venn diagram overlap between ā€œserious Honda loversā€ and paying 55-60k for a civic?

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m new to this forum. I just got a call from dealer today for a boost blue civic type R at MSRP. I signed the deal but car is already built and waiting for shipping . Does anyone know how long it takes once itā€™s shipped from Japan

You signed on a deal where the car isnā€™t even here yet? Sounds fishy, I hope you meant you left a deposit. And a Type R at MSRP? Very suspicious.

1 Like

Might have been on the waiting list with the dealer for quite some time. Seems to be the only way to get one at MSRP.

1 Like

Yeah I paid deposit and itā€™s in transit and got the loan approved from Honda financial. I would know more details today.

Hopefully they donā€™t demand you pay a 15k ADM when it arrives. Plenty of stories out there of people leaving deposits on what they think is an MSRP deal, but the ADM gets sprung on them when the car is on the lot. No law prohibiting or regulating this.

Just closed the deal today. I had to purchase 3k in accessories nothing more than that for the Type-R. Now itā€™s just wait

Youā€™ve paid $$$ for a car that isnā€™t on the lot yet? Isnā€™t there rules against that?

I gave my dealer the financing check a month before my car arrived. Depends on who you are dealing with.

So technically, MSRP + $3k in dealer add-ons.