2023 Honda Civic Type R

My best commission deals I source in the middle of no where. Always smart to call obscure dealers. Just make sure you still have a fax machine to send paperwork! I kid. But they are super slow, being a yankee I can feel the tension sometimes when it takes them 6 hours to collect a deposit.

3 Likes

I agree with this. A few of the best deals I have ever had on a car/truck were from a small, low-volume and middle of nowhere dealer.

1 Like

2 Likes

You will buy my next one at 7k over. You will, you must :magic_wand: :rabbit2: :tophat:

3 Likes

Jim just willed $7k out of my wallet with pure jedi mind tricks. That guy was right. He’s a scammer and a thief

8 Likes

The real scam is this “CTR” is just a Civic EX with cardboard spoilers taped on with duct tape.

The dealer gets 5k of it. I wouldn’t charge a 7k fee. That’s excessive on this. The 2 I had I did 1 and 2k fee. Which seems fair based on mmr.

That tundra guy said his tundra was 75k with my fee. Msrp was 71500. So it was 73500 on a 80k+ mmr, white prob would be closer to 83, was a very good deal but he likes to embellish the numbers to make it seem worse. On his denali first he said 5k discount, later in the thread he said 9. :clown_face:

Sorry just venting as I always try and sell to leasehackrs at way less then market value. Annoyed when someone spits in my face like that.

6 Likes

Jim it should be against your religion to have a broker fee above $250 :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

But did you see all that Bed, Bath & Beyond swag he was able to fit in the back of that Denaili with all the hard plastic surfaces inside to rub on as well?

The deal on that rig ($5k, $9k, $30k…) might someday offset the $5+ per gallon you pay on a daily.

1 Like

30k in 3 years. :joy: maybe the denali in 5 though…

1 Like

I play this on repeat as I scam people all day…

God money I’ll do anything for you. :joy:

1 Like

We don’t need to keep reintroducing that dude into every topic.

5 Likes

The situation is being addressed. Best to just move on and continue services to LH. I think every broker on LH has a wild customer story. Live and let learn.

6 Likes

? Voldemort?

1 Like

Does anyone have a recommendation for a LH broker that can get one at or near MSRP if I am willing to wait? Or is this simply impossible for the Type R?

I just sold mine after 800 miles . I got paid 12k more than I paid for it. Paid 46 k sold for 57.500 $

https://www.faulknerhondaharrisburg.com/auto/used-2023-honda-civic-near-harrisburg-pa/75529364/

2 Likes

How did you get one at MSRP? Solid relationship with dealer?

Nope relationship at all. Bought the car in small town in Ohio . Put my name on list in Jan.

https://stevenmatchett.github.io/fl5-civic-type-r-finder?fbclid=IwAR2jDMh0CpM1mlKRFwPTxcr0lp8KmUutcV2DlaOGhMGorInXu9AjAzCRbfg

use this to reach out to dealers

3 Likes

Most dealers have long wait lists, and many of those lists, the cars are marked up