2023 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Deal Check

What also kills this deal is the lack of incentives.

OP seems to be hellbent in leasing this car.

I have shared my opinion.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: or buying used

I do love the car though :weary:

$31.3k to lease it, about $65.4k (incl. tax and interest) to finance.

So ultimately you’re betting on whether it’s worth more or less then $34k in 3 years.

On the bright side, OP is getting some discount. Also the residual isn’t terrible @ 60% for 36/12

1 Like

Strong opinion, no. In these macro conditions, I’d normally not buy used b/c those prices have been crazy, too. However, if the best you MIGHT get is 5%, if the used ones are in excellent condition and are the spec you want, and if the interest rate is decent (b/c it seems like your MF on the lease is pretty good), then I actually might consider buying a used one. Esp if you really think you might switch out in a few yrs.

If you are picky about a car that handles like a RWD, I don’t know if there much of a point in test driving an A4. It’d probably be worth giving the IS350 a spin, though.

Makes sense. Yeah 4-5% off MSRP is probably the lowest a dealer would go on a lease right now. I’ve seen some good deals on used 2020 / 2021’s, and decent ones on 2022’s. Just playing with the numbers

Wish I could wait it out further but I do need to make a decision soon. My daily driver is :skull:

if you can wait a few months for the market to cool - you’ll get a much better discount.

$800/month for a G70 is insane - even the used prices in $40’s are a bad deal

sucks but best option is to wait. G70 used to lease for $350/month with zero down.

if you’re really down to rent something for over $700/month for a small car - you can probably get an A5

feedback from auto reviewers is that genesis is a compelling lease/buy at the entry level trims and not worth it for the higher packages. SUVs more impressive than their sedans.

A G70 w/ an MSRP of $56K used to lease for $350/mo w/ $0 down? My memory is not always the best, but I don’t recall ever seeing that.

4 Likes

Not sure what deals look like on an A5 these days.

OP wants a G70.

G70’s started at 450 + TTL, $350 with 0…nah

1 Like

not an expert on hyundai but this isn’t too far off. obviously the smaller engine can have better deals / lower MSRP (was thinking mid-trim 2.x engine) - but circle back to why even get into $55k territory for one of the smallest sedans in the market + it’s a hyundai

Adding $8800 in options (20% on top of MSRP), which doesn’t improve the residual value, will kill a lease in any market climate.

1 Like

I don’t want to be that guy, but this was on a 2019 model. So can’t really compare discount, incentives and monthly to 2022 pricing.

ok - won’t veer off into why OP wants top trim on a rental for an appearance package + rear heated seats. like you’ve said - it’s a tough market and a tough call at that price point for this vehicle

Why circle back to an A5 when it’s just a VW? Oh, wait, but it isn’t. Just like a Genesis uses a totally diff platform from any Hyundai.

Unless I’m missing something, the post in your link clearly shows ~$450 w/ $2K down. On that’s on a car that’s $6K less than what the OP is looking at.

If you don’t like Genesis cars, that’s fine. But posting stuff that’s totally inaccurate (and literally everything in your post is wrong) isn’t helpful to anyone.

1 Like

genesis is struggling to move their sedans - they’ll start incentives again soon - maybe not exactly to that level but not $800/month bad

Alfa is already discounting 20% per LH regional forums via brokers

There is nothing wrong with wanting certain options on a leased car. As an example - I wanted the black optics package when I was looking to lease an A6 last year.

wrong.

Alfa has been discounting cars for a while. Anyway, OP seems to have made up their mind.

Again, the deal you posted was on a 2019 model that was signed in 2020. The pre-incentive discount was close to 15% off, while the incentives were $7k
Not going happen in today’s market.

1 Like