2023 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Deal Check

2023 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD

Trim: Sport Prestige (fully loaded, highest trim available)

12k miles, 36month

755 / month

MSRP: 56,445
Selling Price: 55,445 (1.7% off MSRP)
MF: 0.00156 (3.744%)
Residual: 60%
Acquisition Fee: 750
Doc Fee: 449
License / Title Fee: 400
Due at Signing: 4,830 (taxes + fees + 1st month)

G70 Calculator Link

Would appreciate any insights. Haven’t seen many G70 comps on here

Discount sucks. Are you married to this car?

4 Likes

Agreed, discount isn’t ideal

Yeah I’m pretty set on the car + trim

Then you’re going to have to pay to play.

6 Likes

Why not purchase it? Can’t be much more.

What % discount at a minimum would you be looking for

Based on genesisowners.com / other G70 forums - it seems that even getting MSRP in September was a decent deal

At the same numbers, I’d be looking at a $1k monthly

I’ll probably want to upgrade in 2025. Ok with paying a slight lease premium. Just trying to figure out the best deal

I have no clue. I am not a Genesis expert.

Personally, I wouldn’t pay that much to lease this car, but that’s just me.

If this is the best deal you’ve gotten after reaching out to multiple dealers, then you have your answer.

1 Like

If you purchase, there’s more flexibility. And you’ll likely come out ahead. Do the math on a conservative estimate of its worth and then you’ll know for sure. Spending 32k for three years on this car makes no sense.

6 Likes

Noted :ok_hand:

I was deciding between leasing 2023 vs buying used 2022. Are you familiar with G70’s?

I’m not. I just know that 32k for three years is a terrible financial decision.

5 Likes

Does this car have all the options you want and in the color combination of your choice? If the answer is YES, then this should be your strategy:

• Counter with a pre-incentive discount of 5% off MSRP.
  • If I were in your shoes, I would run numbers to see whether a 3% discount would make you SIGN TODAY. You are going to have to figure it out.
  • Be ready to walk away. $755 a month is a lot to pay for a G70. Have you driven a Lexus IS, BMW 3 series, Audi A4, or Mercedes C class?

If you are okay paying $32k to rent a $56.5k Korean car, then go for it.

3 Likes

Appreciate all the solid feedback

Yes to options and color combo. It’s the prestige trim (highest available) and exact color combo that I want

• Already countered with 5%, awaiting a reply now. Dealer seems like they are willing to play ball.
  • $54k selling price (4%) → $717/m would sound enticing and maybe make me sign
  • Driven a BMW 3 series, Mercedes C. Haven’t test driven Lexus IS or Audi A4. Performance wise I like how the G70 3.3T stacks up and like the look better than these options

I’ve seen some used 2022’s at the same trim going for ~$46-48k. Any strong opinion on this versus a best case scenario of getting 5% off MSRP and leasing?

Both options are pricey, IMO. The used car market is in re-alignment. I wouldn’t buy a used car right now. Prices are still inflated.

Should have mentioned that in your original post

If this is the car you want and you can afford it, then go for it.

1 Like

Received a 3% off MSRP from another dealer an hour after my original post so I countered with 5% to the dealer who gave me the numbers above. I should have updated the original post - appreciate your patience

Fair enough. Ideally I would’ve waited it out. Unfortunately my current daily driver requires close to $2k in repairs (140k miles, been driving it for 10yrs). Don’t think it makes sense to drop money on repairs just to wait for the market. Agree/disagree?

If you were in my shoes and could afford both options, is there a clear winner?

I can’t put myself in your shoes. You are going to have to make that decision.

Good luck

The MSRP for a G70 3.3T AWD starts at $46,750. To get to your MSRP you would be adding over $10K in options. I am guessing its a “Sport Prestige” or something doesn’t add up with your pricing.

FYI- Genesis generally can be financed pretty favorably with a balloon loan, but you have so many options on this thing that you are $7K over the MRM.

Almost $900/mo for a g70?

Correct it’s the highest trim → Sport Prestige +$8,600

:ok_hand: appreciate your time + insights