2023 Defender 110 s lease

Toasters got better tech than toyota. :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

It’s an amazing appliance.

I mean, for a toaster.

The minute I need a youtube how-to video on my toaster is the minute I realize some tech goes too far :joy:

3 Likes

There is really nothing to send. They approved a limited dollar amount. The money down is what it takes to get to that dollar amount. Since they are an indirect lender they do not communicate directly with customers and we cannot release internal correspondence.

But they offered to look into loan options for me if I wanted. Edit: no outside financing :expressionless:

You’re dwelling on this way too much man.

Regardless of what any of us say this is between you and the dealer. If it doesn’t pass the smell test move on.

Loan options could be through other lenders with different requirements.

Perhaps 
 20k down is what’s making me linger. It sounds like the finance guy doesn’t know how leases work (or maybe I don’t know how Chase leases work). He said chase were loaning me 60k (80k car - 20k down), and that my credit all showed 10-20k car loans, so the jump from 20-60k is what’s making them hesitate. I told him other leases were also 60-100k cars but they don’t show the full amounts since it’s a lease it only shows lease amount (the price - RV), to which he replied that’s not how Chase is thinking about it

1 Like

Ultimately you’re on the hook for the entire car if you don’t turn it in at the end.

Using a 60% RV as an example, you aren’t driving away with only 40% of the lessor’s car.

Yep, agreed I’d be on the hook for it, but not comparing apples to apples if you’re just taking the “lease amount” from the credit report and comparing to the value of the full car you’re driving away minus any cash put down
 CCAP reports the lease value, does chase report the full value of car minus any cash?

Different financial institutions view risk differently, and underwrite accordingly.

That’s all this is.

3 Likes

Can anyone provide an updated MMR for 2023 Defender 110 se X Dynamic? Thank you

130, $94k sticker

110 X, $99k sticker

2 Likes

I’m liking the 2 tone on the 110x.

2 Likes

That Eiger Grey is actually very nice color in person, I like it.

2 Likes

Sedona looks good.

Yeah, not bad.

Have Defenders ever leased well in the past 2 years or has it been better to buy?

I am not sure any of Land Rover products ever leased well

Can anyone help with the sweet spot on 23 defender leases? 27 months, 36, 39?

I have a 110 X-Dynamic coming in about a month or so. Sticker is about $79K, using a lease to avoid the sales tax in TX. My net cap cost at drive off will likely be around $81K. Probably won’t keep it incredibly long and look to sell it in March/April.

How is MMR looking, secondary market still seems pretty high with limited new stock available?

if you’re in a monthly tax state, go for the lowest MF term.

You’re going to be drowning quick but at least you’ll have fun with that v6