2023 BMW X3. Feeling uncomfortable with numbers. Lost

Live Cherry Hill NJ
Dealer PA
2023 BMW X3 x30i
I’m trading 2021 X3 MSRP 55,370
Offered $40,000 for trade but I want that cut as check.
Payoff $24,700.
Somehow playing with numbers. Can’t make sense. Is it a rip off?
2023 x3 x drive
Sell price 55,395
Total sav 3000
Adj price 52,395
Trade all 40,000
Trade diff 12,395
Tax fees 925
Doc fee 449
Tax 2083.74
Non tax fee 793.63
Net price 16,646.37
Trade diff 35,000
Balance 51,647.37
Was told $5,000 of check goes as down payment
Remaining balance 10,300 to me
What is going on here.

1 Like

Yes, it is…ok move on…lol
Anytime a dealer will not buy a car and wants to trade it in, it smells like money, for them.

Is it a must you trade in your 21 for 23? There isn’t much difference at all

1 Like

Is this the MSRP?

Which incentives do you qualify for?

I have a bunch of other questions, but step one would be to understand just the purchase details on the new one.

Then we can think about your trade.

Hiding something

Have you seen the newly refreshed benz glc 300?

Sure but how’s it lease if it’s even being discounted?

1 Like

Hi Wink! I think you should read leasing 101–I am no expert like many of those that have commented before me but:

1. if you are trading in a vehicle—always keep this transaction seperate from what your leasing. Do not confuse/overlap those numbers what so ever. ALWAYS SEPERATE. DON’T PUT MONEY DOWN ON A LEASED VEHICLE DO LOWER THE MONTHLY PAYMENT.
  2. Negotiate the selling price–basically how much you can get off the sticker price (MSRP). Always ask if the price the vehicle is being sold at includes any incentives (regional/manufacture/local/etc.). So 50k MSRP–dealer takes off 5K and then you qualify for 5K incentives–your new selling price is 40K
  3. Find the MF/RV from being a supporter of the website here vs. edmunds. The RV (what the vehicle is worth at the end of the lease) cannot be negotiated and is not tampered with by the dealership; it is a set price. The RV is the financing charge you are paying for the vehicle. This number is definitely in play for increasing by the dealership. So always see if they are inflating it. (It is OKAY if they increase this number slightly if they are offering you a bigger discount on the vehicle–just see what makes sense).
  4. Enjoy in good health.
  5. If this is all too much and you are struggling to find a deal, use a broker here, pay them their money (it is worth it) and enjoy the hassle free ride :slight_smile:
4 Likes

It probably won’t be discounted. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@Wink3045 if you’re in nj reach out to @IAC_Scott maybe

2 Likes

Maybe this will help.

Sell your car to Adam with @DNA_Auto_Wholesale1

Then I will do this deal on a car with that MSRP, you can custom order whatever you want:

If you’re curious, if I was $5,000 total due at signing, which is what your deal is, since you’re giving them 5k, this is what it would be:

So if I’m reading your sheet correctly, you are at 691 with 5k due, I would be at 582 with 5k due.

8 Likes

Thanks Scott!

Shoot us over the vin/miles and a good contact number, always happy to help here!

-Adam

5 Likes

Get all your equity out as a check.

Then lease something with better programs or buy something that holds value better. The X3 sucks at both right now.

2 Likes

Ya more confused than before. Looking at other lease write up……phrases and words all upside down. Emailed rep and said give me #’s without trade. Talk trade after.

Need access to equity reason for trade

1 Like

Talk to this guy to get a new lease: @IAC_Scott

Talk to this guy to sell your current car: @DNA_Auto_Wholesale1

5 Likes

Episode 7 Movie GIF by Star Wars

7 Likes

I just find it funny…all different forms. Yet not one has “all” the numbers. Idiot like me would sign something thinking it’s ok only to find out I owe other crap not listed. I know there’s deal on cars, lease, discounts, trades. I’m also worried about the TRUE NUMBERS

You can feel uncomfortable. I’m sure some of these people felt uncomfortable too before they signed. Seems like they’re pretty happy.

2 Likes

@Wink3045

I know where you’re coming from, I think most people feel that way. This is why we add transparency to the process and share calculators so you can see the exact discount you get and everything you pay.

If you want to continue working with this dealership, you NEED to ask for numbers without the trade involved at all and post them here.

Make sure you let Adam give you a value on your car. He has helped many of my customers get more for their cars than they thought possible.

3 Likes