2023 BMW M5 - 15% under MSRP?

,

161 posts later we are still splitting hairs over decimal places.

Ah you’re right the $750 snuck in! In that case I’ve got my pitchfork out and pointed at OP

His original deal way up above showed 109070 total purchase price (included ding/perma) on MSRP of 121530…meaning his discount overall was >10%.

The rebate shouldn’t be taken into account so he is correct.

100+ texts/emails/messages exchanged over a half a percent discount difference, this is basically the “leasehackr broker” experience thread

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

1 Like

You should offer a variable fee. Customers that are a pain in the ass pay more.

Add $750 rebate to $109,070 and you will understand. It’s like saying you got 30% on a C40 with $11,000 in rebates.
@max_g @IAC_Scott whatever it is - he included rebate in the discount and had add-ons, and this a no-no on LH lol

It’s just funny that there are people who literally accused the OP of lying about his offer(s) and when he actually backs them up on paper, it’s crickets. So then we wind up quibbling over 0.35% (not to mention his second offer is actually 10% without add ons). Moral of the story here is if you don’t want to wind up with egg on your face, fight the instinct to immediately tear people down.

Now now we don’t want him arrested

Great handling of this entire thread - really cranked out facts rather than assumptions

image

For what it’s worth, and I know you’re not talking about me, I believed he had 10, the point I’ve been trying to get across is just that there is no trunk money or otherwise to where 15% wouldn’t be a hard money loser, which is why I would not expect that to be possible.

I think 10% pretty dang good! I had a manual E39 M5 that was super fun…absolutely drank the gas and ate tires tho! I won’t do an automatic so M5 out for me these days.

Yes, likely as a CPO.

image

Eh I think those blowout bmw deals are slowly coming back

Not talking about you, Scott. You answered the OP’s question about whether 15% is possible. Based on the original post, that was the point of this thread.

You’d think I was trying to murder someone based on the reactions from some people here :joy: I thought the whole point of this community was to not have to worry about being treated like shit in a dealership (never had a good experience - maybe it’s why I don’t want to leave a penny on the table, because dealers always tried taking advantage of me, so I don’t have any mercy).

But damn, some people here are literally glorified second hand car salesmen. Dealership consignment sales - just as bad. Give me another reason to never visit New York ever again sheesh.

If you’re here, and siding with dealerships, you either have something to gain from them financially, or you picked the wrong strain of devil’s lettuce to smoke this morning.

How much would you say one should negotiate off on a x3 m40i? (Legit question)

I am looking around

There are so many reasons never to come here, that’s one of them.

California?