2023 BMW M5 - 15% under MSRP?

Currently negotiated a 2023 M5 with a cap cost at 10% under MSRP. Wondering if 15% might be attainable in this market? Anyone have any luck?

3 Likes

@Clutch might be a good at finding you one - he used to have smoking m5 deals

Grumpy Cat No GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

3 Likes

Damn, you really are trying to strike gold twice. I admire it!

I really don’t see why anyone would do that, there really is no reason.

Once you get past 12-13 on a new car, you’re talking about a hard money loss. I doubt any BMW dealer has taken a hard money loss on a new M5 without some kind of story in the last year.

There is also no flagship/trunk money on the M5, so there is no hidden money for them to play with either.

9 Likes

Covert VINwiki plug? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You have 10% off on an M5? Take it and run.

20 Likes

HIs last deal was an M850 'Vert from 2020 at 28% off, hence my trying to strike gold twice comment.

4 Likes

This is what I needed to hear… so 13% is still achievable lol. Honestly, since you can’t order any 2023 5 series anymore… I would assume dealers will accept taking a hit as the 24s get near - but that might be a little out of my buying window.

1 Like

Maybe if we had the inventory we had pre-super sniffles.

That being said, This isn’t a loaner spec 530i we’re talking about here.

So a dealer has (allegedly) decided to drop ~$13k off an M5 and you made a post to ask if another $6500 is possible? Cool, all of this makes sense.

8 Likes

Even if it happened, was during a very different time on a car that had a ton of trunk money, possibly even a demo, which sat for a while.

I guess it might’ve been a demo, had 15 miles on it… someone definitely demoed it off the boat. I don’t disagree they were different times, I’m squeezing lemons here. I have a quote @ 10% off… are you mad I’m trying to get a better deal? I don’t get your reply :rofl:

7 Likes

Very different times and production levels, even with the floorplan aid, trunk money, various other incentives your selling dealer probably still took a 3-4K hard loss to do that deal.

That’s just not something they have to do to move an M5 right now, outgoing or not. Take the 10% you have like the win it is.

3 Likes

I capitalized on the fear-mongering at the time, when dealers didn’t think they’d ever sell a car again. I’m sure they took a pretty hard loss. MSRP was around $130k and the cap cost was around $92k. We’ll see where we’re at in a couple of months when my extension is up (or might “order” another one and extend an additional 4 months on the M850). Economy isn’t looking that great going into Q3.

No i think that you’re full of it at 10% off on an m5. I don’t think anyone is desperate to get that off their lot, unless a super weird build or color combo.

And the economy is fine heading into q3. It might not be booming, but it’s perfectly fine and humming along.

4 Likes

If you want it so bad, you can pay me a broker fee of $499 for it.

21 Likes

Was the a black m850i?

I’m good, thanks. Won’t be reupping with bmw for a while.

Nope, white
image0000
You can decode the vin (I think), removed last 4 digits.

Got it from Hendrick BMW in Charlotte

3 Likes

They really still won’t need to take a hit, if anything, there will be a limited window where getting an M5 will have even more limited availability, while there is no 2023 production and no 2024’s on the ground, so all that is left for the people buying is the 2023 ground stock. If it’s a 530i, that’s one situation, but that’s a different case on a car like the M5.

I said 12-13% before a hard money loss, not that 13% is achievable. 12% just technically is not a hard money loss just looking at gross. You also need to consider dealers usually have a set number for hard costs associated with delivering a new car, the gas, the mini for the salesman who delivered it, etc, so even at 11-12 they might be losing once those costs are factored.

The point here of all of this is that this is not a 530i, there isn’t much of an incentive for a dealer to do a blowout on an M5 unless it’s a horrible horrible color combo or a customer dropout build with an insanely high MSRP for one reason or another.

5 Likes