2023 BMW M5 - 15% under MSRP?

,

Invoice is a pretty reasonable target right now.

You should start or bump a recent X3 thread.

As others have said, you handled yourself well and proved them wrong which is why their silence is currently deafening. Overall, you and I know this is a good place where many of us have gained a considerable amount of knowledge/resources to achieve our goals. There’s just a select few who frequently form an echo chamber of negativity.

Reach out to some Sonic dealerships, and thank @JohnCaza for the lead.

If it makes you feel any better (it won’t), aronchi is bitter his friends as well. :salt: everywhere

Nice finds on these. Keep up the hustle.

Talk about the ā€œuselessā€ and ā€œshould be lockedā€ standpoint, this thread should be deleted altogether.

They don’t have any dealers on the east coast :smiling_face_with_tear:

Maybe his m5 dealer is good

I definitely learned how to hustle dealerships on here. Before, it was more of a gut move ā€œdoes this deal seem good? ok, let’s do it.ā€ I’ve been on here for a few years and someone touched on how opaque the process of receiving a quote is when you engage with a dealer. LH helped me understand how leases are structured, what things I need to look for, how dealers are gonna screw you, etc.

But there’s a fine line between ā€œI come here to learn about the car sales processā€ or ā€œI come here to find good dealsā€ and ā€œI’m gonna profit from the people that come on here.ā€ It seems like LH has helped create a niche of middlemen (brokers) between consumers and car dealers - which is super cool, if I had additional bandwidth I would consider it too, seems like a decent way to make some money on the side. But it seems like a conflict of interest. As a broker, ā€œI need to make moneyā€ - ā€œI need to make the dealer happy - because the relationship is generating the product I’m sellingā€ - ā€œI need to make the consumer happy with a good deal that’s competitive against the rest of the brokers.ā€

Probably still ok for the 80% that don’t wanna go through the process I’m going through to find a deal, pay X, $Y amount to get the car you want. My interactions with IAC, Bostoncarconcierge, bacon, etc. have been positive in the past and if some ridiculous deal was presented, I wouldn’t have an issue to pay them for facilitating. But I also go through a bunch of brokers’ spreadsheets listing all the models under the sun with %% discounts and I know deeper discounts are possible.

@Harry657ha I get IAC’s perspective of MSRP given new model and all that jazz but if you put some time into it you can probably get something a little better. Now it’s a function of how much time you’re willing to spend / how much your time is worth to you to save some money. I’m doing this because I like the challenge and because I have 2 months to sleep on it lol

OP, this thread reminds me of my experience when hacking a 640GT few years ago.

Hasn’t changed much.
You have the hacker group and those that are (most likely) financially motivated and keep telling you what you are trying to accomplish is not possible and you should use a broker instead….

I applaud your motivation to hack the best deal and out dealers against each other. I think that’s the only way to go.

Thank you for doing the good work!
:pray:

Yea I really don’t understand the naysayers. Let the man try and be encouraging or don’t say nothing at all.

A level of time waste LHs aspire to known as HersheySweet time waste - me sending out feelers on RS Etron GTs, BMW 750s, and so forth.

I did this, would be fine with any of those cars at their best posted prices in the last month. Lol. I even went to my local Audi dealer and test drove an E-Tron non-RS to see what I would be getting myself into.

Thanks @JohnCaza for posting these deals. It gives us more frugal LHers a glint of hope of better lease prices coming back at the cost of the extreme greed displayed these past 3 years. Look forward to $1,200 M5s again!

I found the best deals being made in person, especially when pitting dealers against each other.

I guess I have old school thinking you can’t learn swimming via mail correspondence.

I respectfully disagree, I’ve had the best success with unicorns that had been negotiated remotely - just phrasing the offer. The EQS was done 7,000 miles away from the dealer over text.

Sharks are born swimming :slight_smile:

I’m with Hershey on this one… In person basically cancels out 99% of the market (whole US). It’s not feasible to in-person all of the dealers. i have 4 around me (25 mile radius) - they’re all trash and I would never give them my business. One of them has a decent service, where I’ve replaced an engine, trans and driveshaft on an M6 (this one makes for a great story)… but they’re impossible to negotiate with ā€œYou’re lucky we’re selling you this M5 at MSRP sonnyā€¦ā€ get f’ed. Same dealer wouldn’t let me test drive an M3, complained all the way to Germany and then I got a free ride at their driving school (all expenses paid).

My crazy M850 deal was done over the internet, phone, and then a notary came to my house (also great story, she made me sign everything except the lease agreement, overnighted the paperwork, dealer shit himself when he saw the lease wasn’t signed LOL). Car was delivered to MI on a flatbed from NC.

entertaining thread
couple of corrections
F90 M5 is a fantastic car . I Just acquired my second one.
the next generation G90 will not arrive till late 24 as a 25 MY as this what BMW usual does . 5 series comes first then M5 following year

Audi Rockville has a :fire: S8. daytona gray on red.

https://www.audirockville.com/new/Audi/2023-Audi-S8-rockville+MD-e04e7eae0a0e094a1d9794a1d8ad0b3c.htm

Already talked to them, no budge. Plus Costco $5k rebate ended on the 16th… S8 is no longer viable. You could stack the $7500 from Audi + $5k Costco for a decent amount of cash in trunk + the 15% Nathan had was pretty imba. Whoever got that one lucked out.

You could probably become a top broker since your negotiating skills are good :eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You don’t look like you are 70 and on your 5th wife from your picture.

Why would you drive an S8?