2023 BMW M3 (50th Anniversary or 50 Jahre) Edition

Any adm or MSRP?

You got any at sticker?

1 Like

Sticker. I got lucky.

10 Likes

What color are you going with? We went with Cinnabar Red with CBBs, no carbon buckets though. Deadline to submit the color for us was today.

Do u guys think this will go up or at least retain value? Would it b another case of a car going insanely up in price like the M5CS, did they actually make 500 CS M5 or less?

I am well aware.

I think it’s instant equity. Also the M3 backlog is pretty long. With this coming at the end of summer as a 2023 (before some of the 2022s) I think these will be hot.

1 Like

Makes +10 not look like such a bad deal.

Down to two available at that price now.

Paying a premium for this seems like a really bad idea if this is just unique colors/trim. As I think about M cars — actually BMWs in general — that have long term commanded a premium it’s trims and options that have real performance value, even if small. Like for example, ZCP on the m3 has commanded a premium across all generations… e46, e90 and f80. And while that package mostly has been just very minor trim differences, it did at least have a 1 or 2 subtle performance enhancements (small hp bump, suspension tweaks, steering tweaks etc)

IIRC, pre-pandemic when I was looking it didn’t seem that the 30 Jahre f80 values were holding values (as a % of msrp) any better than a regular ZCP car. But I haven’t looked at current market. I guess you could argue that the 30 Jahre was a take it or leave it color combo. No OG palette choices like cinnabar or techno

3 Likes

Only options to choose from

7 Likes

Offered one at sticker and grabbed it. IB. as I had an E92 in that color
skipped the bucket seats
biggest unknown is the price
guess around 90 k with model year increase for 2023

2 Likes

contacted 2 dealers that had absolutely no clue what I was talking about :rofl: they both stated they were aware of the 50th anni badging but didn’t know of a special edition

1 Like

Go price one out based on the build sheet I posted (yes I know all the pricing is blocked but it should give you a fairly close approximate)

Couldn’t you hypothetically just order a car through BMW individual and make it look like a 50 year edition?

What would be the point? It wouldn’t hold value the same way.

1 Like

If you can’t get an allocation, or don’t want to pay over sticker.

I did. Sold it in a matter of minutes. I’ll post on my thread if we’re lucky enough to get a second allocation but I highly doubt it.

4 Likes

@nextlevelautobrokers, the king of BMW in the north and @Bacons_C.C, the king of the south, do you have any allocations at sticker?

1 Like

You can also put m340i badges on a 330i but that doesn’t make it so.

3 Likes

You can, but these 5 colors won’t be available for the rest of 2023. The only way to get them is on the edition.

2 Likes