2023 Acura Integra

The WRX screams “fuckboy” and the new one has been butchered with plastic fenders/bumpers all around.

Hard pass.

GLI, Veloster/Elantra N, and Corolla XSE Apex are notable mentions. The Corolla lacks in power, though.

I’m confused… There’s still quite a few as well as a few more coming…

Upcoming Integra (obv)
BMW M3
BMW M4
Upcoming BMW M2
Chevy Spark
Chevy Camaro
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Dodge Challenger
Ford Mustang
Honda Civic Si
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Veloster N
Kia Forte
Mazda 3
Mazda Miata
Upcoming Nissan Z
Upcoming Toyota Supra
Toyota GR86
Toyota Corolla
Porsche 718
Porsche 911
Subaru BRZ
Subaru Impreza
Subaru WRX
Volkswagen Golf
Volkswagen Jetta

I’m sure there’s more that I’m missing

1 Like

I bet if you looked hard enough through the interior you’d find a Honda badge they forgot to swap out for an Acura badge.

Majority of those cars are not under 35k.

1 Like

Catalogued them all here:

2 Likes

Actually majority of them are… at least of the ones I listed.

Remember when they said this definitely wasn’t an ILX replacement?

1 Like

Actually… no. I don’t remember Acura ever making an official comment on it one way or another. I think they were all kinda hoping we’d just forget the the Cimarron ILX ever existed.

The Integra will become the new halo vehicle when the NSX retires, Acura Brand Officer Jon Ikeda tells MotorTrend in an interview… Ikeda says he is happy with the design, which is quite sporty, and recognizable as an Integra. He will not confirm if it has two doors or four. “Integra is not a replacement for ILX but Integra is our entry gateway vehicle.”

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-acura-integra-details-interview/

Ah.

Well, he’s correct in the sense that the Integra isn’t going to be based on an outdated platform for one of the few sucky Civics made…?

I’m sure the original discussion was all part of the hype machine as they were trying to push the integra as this low budget halo car meant to bring Acura back to it’s popularity from the 90s… and then the integra was released for reason and everyone saw it’s just a civic with some set dressing (as if the integra originally was significantly different than that) and they’ve given up on the hype charades.

I am just wondering what will happen to the “X” naming convention…

Actual names might only apply to sedans (since NSX + all SUVs always only had the “X,” I think).

So maybe the TLX will be renamed “Legend” or “Vigor.”

1 Like

::sad trombone::

3 Likes

And there it is…

Acura found a way to make it boring

P.S. - i didn’t know when i first responded but the 1st line of the article says it all…

“The 2023 Acura Integra continues to disappoint”

1 Like

Definitely not Vigor, not enough name recognition even if that is the correct lineage. More likely they’d use Legend since there’s no other sedan to save it for anyway. My guess is they’ll keep using TLX and save ‘Legend’ for whatever EV sedan that replaces the TLX in 6-7 years. And they probably say ‘it’s not a direct replacement’ lol.

2 Likes

The more i think about this the more disappointment is settling in…

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

IMO I always expected the manual would only be on A-Spec so I don’t have a problem with that part, however I think they should have made the manual available on both A-Spec & A-Spec Tech. I don’t think many manual intenders would want the base non A-Spec anyway. Hopefully even with Tech it won’t be too much more than $35k.

To me, I don’t really care that much if the auto is a CVT, either way I wouldn’t get it. And kind of figures since it’ll have the 1.5T motor from the Civic and that’s paired with a CVT there.