2023 Acura Integra

Oh man, so tough call:

Civic Type R - love the performance, overkill for street use. As immature as my somewhat mod’d RSX-S, I still can’t pull off a CTR. The value on that one doesn’t work for me anyway

Si - seems like a great car. For around $27k, the overall package is actually not bad. Quick enough for the likes of me. But I probably would be better off with a Civic Sport Touring Hatchback 6MT.

Integra (Type S?) - can’t speak to the value just yet, since I don’t know price, but if ever there were a car targeted directly at me:

• Honda/Acura fan? Former Prelude (2), TSX, Legend, and current RSX Type S owner
  • Integra legacy? 90s kid here, current RSX has Honda badges and was the last Integra. Even the Type S badge has special significance for me. Of my 2 Preludes, my Type SH was my favorite (see username) and the JDM version was Prelude Type S (ok it had a different rear wing, front lip and intake)
  • quasi luxury, not too pretentious - Acura brand!
  • ‘cool dad’ factor? It’s a 5-door Sportback like a budget S5 Sportback or M440i GC. It’s a coupe, it fits car seats. I can jam a stroller in the trunk
  • manual! It’s a manual! MANUAL!

Then again, I kind of like having an EV (my LEAF) as a DD. And I barely drive my RSX much. Maybe having a fun manual car that fits car seats will give me more of a chance to drive it.

Choices, choices.

2 Likes

Sweet, a new ilx

The hatchback police will be by with a 65” TV to see if it fits through the trunk.

wow

1 Like

Basically an si, looks better then the civic I gotta say

No joke, I fit a 60” Samsung in the trunk of my RSX. Not in the box, but still. Not a whole lot of sports coupes / sports cars that could do that.

1 Like

Prototype (exterior pics only).

Certainly nothing innovative or terribly exciting, but a more reliable, smaller, and cheaper Arteon suits me just fine. I think the coupesedan look differentiates it just enough vs. a Civic.

I almost sort of view it as a budget A5 Sportback, but I dig the Arteon comparo too. Either way, I’m excited for it.

1 Like

The arteon has got to be one of the most good looking car for the 21’ model year, but vw missed the mark by a really underpowered engine and fwd bias hopefully this gets it right, wishful thinking

A civic with a manual?

They upped the hp to 300 and gave it a 7 spd DC transmission for 2022 but still no where to be officially seen.

Wait, are we talking about the arteon or the integra?

Integra/RSX/ILX has always unashamedly been a more premium Civic.

1 Like

Which is fine. No one holds that against a 90’s Integra.

1 Like

Very similar to the civic, meh

Do i see a manual gear box???

P.S. - I would not have expected groundbreaking divergence in terms of the interior…

Ya, an available 6 speed was one of their big marketing points

1 Like

I recently drove a Civic Si and it had one of the smoothest operating 6spd manuals I’ve ever driven. Almost felt like I was driving an automatic.

But yeah… literally the parts from that interior can be seen in this Integra. The screen, the air vent handles, the shift knob, etc

More pics:
https://www.civic11forum.com/threads/2023-acura-integra-interior-photos-leaked-online.1734/

I wouldn’t have expected a ton of changes, but I would’ve still expected more than this. I think having the honeycomb trim only in the air vents (rather than as a long strip across the dash) actually looks worse. The plastic trim that takes its place looks incredibly cheap and tacky. It was ugly and dated in the NSX in 2016; it doesn’t look any better 6 yrs later.

The steering wheel is literally the exact same one as in the Civic but just has a Acura logo in it. That’s SO lazy (is that really that hard to stick a steering wheel from any other Acura in there?). I assume all the HVAC controls are also the exact same ones as in the Civid.

The front seats look great. Since everything comes from the Civic, that means no goofy drive-select mode that takes up a huge amount of dash space.

My memory is that the interior of previous Integras looked to be in the same class as the Civic but were at least pretty distinct.

This, OTOH, reduces the Integra to a Civic trim level. Depending on the price, that might be okay.

3 Likes