2023 Acura Integra

And there it is…

Acura found a way to make it boring

P.S. - i didn’t know when i first responded but the 1st line of the article says it all…

“The 2023 Acura Integra continues to disappoint”

1 Like

Definitely not Vigor, not enough name recognition even if that is the correct lineage. More likely they’d use Legend since there’s no other sedan to save it for anyway. My guess is they’ll keep using TLX and save ‘Legend’ for whatever EV sedan that replaces the TLX in 6-7 years. And they probably say ‘it’s not a direct replacement’ lol.

2 Likes

The more i think about this the more disappointment is settling in…

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

IMO I always expected the manual would only be on A-Spec so I don’t have a problem with that part, however I think they should have made the manual available on both A-Spec & A-Spec Tech. I don’t think many manual intenders would want the base non A-Spec anyway. Hopefully even with Tech it won’t be too much more than $35k.

To me, I don’t really care that much if the auto is a CVT, either way I wouldn’t get it. And kind of figures since it’ll have the 1.5T motor from the Civic and that’s paired with a CVT there.

Oh, that’s actually be kind of cool, if it’s something that more fully compete w/ the E/5/A6.

It’s NOT a direct replacement! Diff propulsion system! :wink:

It makes sense from a production efficiency perspective, but I still think it blows. I think de-tuned 2.0T w/ an actual stepped transmission wouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

1 Like

I think that’s going to be closer to what the Type S is. Probably somewhere in the 280-300 hp range. So they probably needed to keep a bit of space between the two. Plus the Integra is going to start right over $30k, so they’d probably needed to have a substantially higher base price with anything more than an uprated Civic 1.5T/CVT.

A few more details and official pics:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-acura-integra-first-look-review

It’s not like I was an Integra fanboi, so I think this is alright. I actually think the lower trim levels are designed to appeal to someone like me, actually. I’m a few yrs away from my next car, but I want something that’s generally the same form factor as a compact-ish car (this is actually not a particularly small car) but slightly more upscale in finishes but cheapish to maintain and own. Reasonably reliable. Good resale value. Enjoyable to drive but still practical (and certainly not as firmly sprung as a sports car). I can even still get 17-in wheels. :slight_smile:

Hope noise levels have been reduced vs. the Civic since Consumer Reports said the Civic is fairly noisy, even compared to other economy cars.

At $30-35K, I think this will do alright. I think I’d certainly prefer this to, say, an A-Class or 2-series GC. Not sure about it vs. an A3, though (esp if Audi ever brings the Sportback back as a hybrid).

1 Like

I had a 94 Integra back in the day, and like what I see so far regarding the new Integra.

1 Like

Pricing info:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-acura-integra-pricing-msrp/

Interesting that MT focuses on the base trim being only a few hundred more than the Honda Civic hatch Sport Touring, while C&D’s sub-headline is that it’s $3K+ more than a Civic Si.

2 Likes

While this one focuses on MT being 5k more

1 Like

Think the Type S will be an Acura version of the Type R. At least, historically the RSX Type S had the K20 from the same Gen type r in Japan.

Not sure about this pricing scheme, though. I suppose a type S competes with an M235 for 7k less… but I’d rather have the BMW at that point. They’re all FWD based systems.

I think the pricing for the highest level trim is… questionable. At that point, I’d start looking at something entirely, like a base Stinger.

Yeah but the stinger is an entirely different segment.

My response was supposed to read “… entirely different, like…” :wink:

I guess that’s part of my point. Audi, BMW, and MB might have the badge to support their entry level cars, but I don’t think Acura does. So does one want a top-spec (for now) FWD car, or, for just a little more, a base version of a legitimate larger and luxury (or sporty-ish) RWD car?

I think only the base Integra pricing makes sense.

2 Likes

That duality has existed for a long time.

Hot hatches and Civic SIs have been in the market (and been successful) as long as entry level BMWs have.

Different strokes for different folks.

The manual is only coming to the A spec line. Gets alittle expensive at that price point.

Just like all the articles said, you’re better off getting the Civic Si with manual if you want a fun car in this segment.

Yes, but… Where do the upper trims of the Integra fit in that duality?

I get people who want an “expensive” hot hatch. I get people who want an entry level BMW.

An Acura Integra that presumably drives really similarly to a cheaper Civic Si? If the exteriors, interiors, and ownership experience were really diff (eg., Stinger vs. G70), I would say that there’s enough space for both. But I just don’t think Acura has done enough to the upper trim levels to justify the price difference.

I have no allegiance to any brand, so, for $36K, I’d be asking myself why I wouldn’t just get an upper trim GTI (which seems like it would fit the “refined” hot hatch niche). But I’m also not a typical hot-hatch buyer.

We shall see what happens.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, if I were to get the loaded Integra then it would be in base 2 series territory. But only an Integra or a GTI will let me pretend that I’m a twenty something again lol.

3 Likes

I’m in my mid-40s, so I’ll consider an Integra or a GTI as my “reasonable” mid-life crisis car. :wink:

4 Likes