2023 Acura Integra

Just an exceedingly brief teaser video:

The 1994 Integra GS-R was one of my favorite. Man has it been that long, I’ll see myself out to the Buick dealership.

5 Likes

So they’re going to rename the ILX and it’ll be every bit as underwhelming as the tlx?

7 Likes

Are they really discontinuing the ILX??? Or is this just a prediction?

If they are truly retiring the ILX then yes the Integra is nothing but a redesigned ILX. They probably believe it will sell better as re-badged Integra than a brand new ILX. Good marketing scheme if they throw the ILX away.

I’m purely speculating.

The ILX probably would have sold better if it wasn’t a reskinned, 2 generation old civic and they actually put any effort into it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m holding out for the much-anticipated relaunch of the Hyundai Scoupe.

3 Likes

Tell you the truth…i have been an Acura fan as i have owned the previous gen TL Type S but have really been not inspired by their new cars.

I think also, if i would were to be in a market for a sports coupe, it would have to be an EV.

1 Like

When all else fails, start drudging up old nameplates! Next up TLX Type-S will be separated from TLX by becoming LEGEND and the vtec fanboys drown in their own “drool”. Is Isuzu still around, can they bring back Acura SLX by any chance?

1 Like

It would be hilarious if they slowly zoom out and reveal it as a sportback SUV like the Lancer

7 Likes

I had a CL Type S and lost 3 transmissions before getting rid of that wonderful car, all to the tune of “there is nothing wrong with our transmissions” from Honda. As far as I’m concerned the true Acura ended with Integra / Legend generation. I did have MDX recently, but that was a size / payment balance, not a uuuuu I want that decision.

Beat me to the punch in posting this. Guess time will tell if the name is slapped on a compact CUV, if it’s a sedan or hatch I’d definitely be interested. Driving my ZHP and Prelude the past month until the new truck arrives I realize that I miss having a car as a DD.

1 Like

The new Civic is really nice inside compared to most competitors. If they’re basing the Integra on the new Civic platform I wonder how they’ll differentiate the two better than they did with the ILX?

Integra only 2 door and kill the Civic coupe?

1 Like

Man the Integra is a classic. I remember spending hours and hours browsing Craigslist looking for a GSR when I was in high school. Kinda excited to see more of this.

1 Like

Back in the day they had a re-badged Civic in Canada called Acura EL I think. When I asked my friend why wouldn’t he just buy a Civic, he replied “Civic has no leather option” lol

As long as it’s more space-efficient than a TLX (very likely), is a better value (decently likely), and has a less overwrought interior design (perhaps only slightly likely), I think it’ll be a more interesting entry in its class.

The A-Class and 2-Series Gran Coupe aren’t exactly stunning (haven’t seen/sat in a new A3 yet), and I think that the compact-but-upscale sedan/hatch category fills a useful niche for many (myself included).

I’m sure it’ll be as revolutionary and segment defining as the tlx type s.

1 Like

Stop it w/ the snark!

The TLX is absolutely a segment-defining b/c it’s the probably the only car in the $45K range that’s largely undesirable.

8 Likes

They had us in the first half, not gonna lie :slight_smile:

These idiots keep paying BMW money for our crap. We don’t need to make competitive products, just keep up the marketing! They gobbled up the Fat Accord Type S at over $50k… let’s bring back the Integra too! Re-branded Civic (ILX) coming up!

4 Likes