MSRP: $67,170
Out the door after dealer incentive: $62,670
Trade in: $14,000
DAS: 1st month, & Doc fees: $1,100
Monthly payment: $529
Term: 36/10

How did I do?

1 Like

~$950/mo sounds very high for this. Are you in Chicago proper?

4 Likes

Northwest Burbs, just outside of Chicago

Not a good deal? What would have been more reasonable?

I struggled, but basically gave away a 2013 explorer over KBB that was just sitting in my driveway we never drove.

I recall seeing some of the brokers having $65kish rams for $700/mo ish because they were 11-14% off msrp and no mf mark up.

3 Likes

Was the trade in applied as Downpaymet/cap reduction?

I am in KY (so different tax situation) but my $66xxx Ram Laramie is $486/month with $1000 due at signing through @Clutch

8 Likes

you did terrible.

16 Likes

But Frank has successfully found the best support group on the webz. We’re here to help, the cost will be our tough love.

15 Likes

$529 a month with a $14K trade in sounds, how shall I put this…atrocious.

4 Likes

My very first lease was a 2000 Accord, MSRP $21K for the low low price of $350 a month with $3000ish upfront.

We all do stupid things and then learn from them.

Every time I grind a dealer down I am paying them all back for having been raped as hard as I was back then.

5 Likes

Very helpful to take the long view of things…some lessons more painful than others, but you can balance them out over time.

Beyond awful. Is there a cooling off period for you. My 64k 22 ram 36/12 is 499 with $1600 at signing.

3 Likes

For a bit higher of a monthly payment, I was driving my $84,xxx TRX.

That payment is very high for that truck. Please come to LH before signing your next deal.

5 Likes

Ill confess something similar…in 2002 I recall paying $625/mo for a car that I wouldnt pay that for in todays dollars!

3 Likes

Lord almighty I hope he left with a check for $13,000

5 Likes

Something tells me that check is sailing.

yacht GIF

9 Likes

That’s be boat the dealer rented for the week to celebrate this deal.

3 Likes

If they cut you a check for 14k it’s a good deal :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Damn you waited 3 years to post and decided to do it after, not before, you leased a new car?

1 Like

Time to close this thread… OP has not responded & nothing can be done at this point

1 Like