2022 Mercedes-Benz C300. Got quoted a different residual from Edmunds

I am looking to lease a 2022 C300, 36/15k. I got a quote from the dealer for a residual value of about 50.05%. I checked with Edmunds and with the same terms I was told 57%, which is about a $100/month difference in the lease.

How can I tell my dealer to raise the residual? I don’t want to send him a screenshot of some random guy on a forum who said otherwise, lol.

Edit: Wanted to add the MSRP is 59900 and they are selling it to me at 59400, and they are saying the residual is 29970

Calc: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

1. Sometimes Edmunds is wrong. Ask again to check
  2. Assumes you have Top Tier Credit And Are using the bank associated with the brand
  3. Sometimes dealers don’t give you the real number

Residuals dont come in fractional percentages, so theres a miscommunication going on. If i had to guess, id bet the dealer is listing a “market value selling price” and youre interpretting that as msrp, even though it’s actually marked up.

I checked the build sheet from MB and they are selling it at MSRP

Loaner with a mileage penalty?

It’s brand new, hasn’t even delivered to them yet

Post the lease quote as well as a link to your LH calculator.

1 Like

posted ty for reminder

Market Value is not MSRP. BTW did you see the sticker?

yes I have the build sheet and it equals the price they are selling it to me for, you can even make the same build on the mbusa builder and it’s the same

Couple of things wrong with the calc as you don’t show the fees and his pic is based on 7.75. 6% and 50RV? I would look for a different car

I see Edmunds confirmed the 57% , I suspect something is wrong OR they using a different bank to get more kick backs.

Though I don’t get the ‘Standard MF’? I guess you need to look that up somewhere else.

Make sure you are looking at the same MY? Maybe Edmunds RV is for 23.

That may explain the rv not matching, but not it being a fractional rv.

Assuming you got a dealer to offer the deal from the LH Calc, why would you take it?

That’s $42,000+ to lease a C300.

Let that sink in for a minute.

5 Likes

Of course. Fraction is because he’s off somewhere. 50% = $59,940. $40 off. Or the RV is $29,950. $20 off.

Can you post this

here: AutoiPacket

BTW you did not tell Edmunds it’s a C300W AMG That’s an important distinction.
And you told them AZ but the sheet at the top says Orange County CA?

BMWFS recently started doing fractional percentages.

3 Likes

Interesting. Still, half percentages are more reasonable that 20th of percentages.

3 Likes