2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE

$250 now …

1 Like

Anyone sold one recently? Thinking about picking up a 2023 to flip

Would be tough to make a profit or even break even at this point… unless heavily discounted

2 Likes

IMO don’t. Friend tried all up and down the East coast. Got one mid Dec at 10% off and best she can find is $1k net after holding for 2 months and 1500miles (NY so about 1800 in taxes up front tbf). Wishes she’d sold sooner but plates took forever. Most of the offers are at or under buyout, even w florida dealers that were offering higher $$ a month ago.

Spring and Sommer might better but it’s real slow right now.

Edit, FWIW the dealer I sold my '22 GC 4xe to is selling it for the same price they purchased it for.

Yeah this is not a good flip. Now that the used space has plenty of inventory (and risk averse buyers) we’re back to a world where Grand Cherokees depreciate… a lot. The Wrangler flip was fueled in part that those hold their value. Even the glut of them on lots should move once temps rise.

The GC 4xe is a nice ride for the money… but the flip window closed.

The notion of flipping new cars for a profit is an indication of just how ridiculous the car market became due to the pandemic. The fact that it’s no longer possible to do so is an indication that the market is returning to normal. A good thing for leasing.

1 Like

Could anyone provide the latest MMR for 2022 GC 4xe Overland Trim? Would be much appreciated.

If you can get a good lease deal. Otherwise, it’s 10-15k overpriced.

Anyone sold one recently? You think a 2023 will get much more than a 2022 at this point? Just signed for a 2023 with a great deal that puts my break even at $46,500. I sold a 2022 for $55k in December and another for $54k in January. Don’t know how much the market has fallen since even further, but I got at least one confirmed offer for $47k.

Friend sold a 23 GC 4xe Overland MSRP 72k to Carvana for 61k fwiw with 1500 miles last week. They were the highest over GMTV at 60, everyone else was almost 20k under MSRP.

What were your details? Dealers still have a ton of 2022’s left and it seems like they can’t sell them. I have 1 dealer calling/emailing/texting me almost daily on one.

I think the income cap for the tax credit is going to really tank these 4XE’s. Jeep is going to have to get extremely aggressive on the lease side.

There is no income cap for the tax credit on leases

I recognize that but not every 4XE will be leased and one of the benefits of electric vehicles today is to purchase and take the tax deduction. When you are limiting the buyer pool like this for a $60-80K vehicle it is going to make it challenging to sell this vehicle to anyone not interested in leasing. The only way Jeep can combat that is to make leasing an absolute no brainer compared to purchasing.

Like by offering a $7500 additional incentive to someone that doesnt qualify for it on a purchase?

1 Like

I don’t think the $7,500 is enough. It will need additional manufacturer incentives. You’re looking at a $10,000 difference between gas and electric with slightly less favorable residuals for the electric. Anyway it’s all speculation we will see what happens in the next few months

They already are doing additional incentives

1 Like

Yeah there is the private offer 1k + like 3-4k of other incentives. The 2023 I picked up in december had around 12k of incentives including the 7500, iirc.

Got a lease offer on an in stock 22 summit. ~77k MSRP, around 8% off. 10500 in rebates.

About $1000 drive off with $760/mo including tax. 39/10.

Solid? How’s the resale on summit?

Depends on tax too. NY I’d pass for resale. I’ve seen 10% off MSRP + 3-4k incentives.