2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE

28 is what I get with a Rubicon, mostly highway.

Typically lower diameter wheels have less rotational inertia and are more fuel efficient.

1 Like

This is my latest deal (6% off sticker) that I’ll be selling for 56k. Pretty happy to see multiple 55k offers. Those of you who ordered at a 60k msrp and hefty discount and can stack the website code and Black Friday cash should have some nice equity.

7 Likes

Someone PLEASE tell me these mpg figures is GAS ONLY… otherwise these are some pretty horrible figure lol…

I don’t have a charger at home and only charge level 1 at work 3x a week 30 miles daily. Which obvs doesn’t make me a good hybrid candidate.

Is the $1K discount code still popping up from website?

Edit it is, have to select builder for 2022 I was in 2023 at first. Use private browser.

I’m not even sure how that figure is calculated. My impression is that it uses some combination of actual MPG and some equivalent e-measurement based on an average cost of electricity :man_shrugging:. I’ve read differing accounts of its ‘accuracy,’ so I’d take it with a grain of salt regardless.

No idea how it actually works but I’ve had mine for over a month and I still haven’t used more than half a tank of gas so I’m getting way better than the combined 26mpg my car says I’m getting. Half a tank is ≈ 9.5 gallons, 614 miles traveled ≈64mpg.

1 Like

Its not even gas only. Its a made up, nonsensical number that doesnt actually relate to anything.

The only way to determine what mpg youre getting is to actually calcate it.

With that said, the gc 4xe is rated at 23 mpg when running as a mild hybrid.

Yeah if you can’t charge at home, you are not a candidate for plug-in hybrid or EV. Driven over 7k miles in my 4xe, over 70% has been all electric. But I use a level 2 charger at home.

2 Likes

For folks who use PHEVs as intended (not me lol)… I’ve heard RAV4 Prime owners filling up the gas tank once every 5K or 10K miles.

Yea i knew I wasn’t a good phev candidate at all so this was just a novelty and a cheap lease in the current market. Btw I calculated it manually and it’s not far off. I’m ACTUALLY getting 13mpg on gas. I’m 70/30 on highway/city. I do drive aggressively but 13mpg is pretty pathetic. Will definitely be selling the car

miles power Gal Capacity Tanks Filled Gas Used MPG
365.8 gas 19 1.5 28.5 12.8
228.0 electric
593.8 blended 28.5 20.8

Only saving grace is that the 4xe drivetrain takes regular gas. Without charging the :battery:, it’s a terrible daily driver.

I don’t know what you’re doing to get 12.8 mpg. Flooring it everywhere with the ebrake engaged and the heat on full blast?

I would think there’s something wrong either with the tech (and that’s probably my only complaint with my GC 4xe… the system is pretty buggy compared to the one in my Wrangler) not calculating correctly or the vehicle itself.

I’d do your own math with your next tank of gas because that does not seem right.

Lol - i really don’t know man. It’s usually just me in the vehicle too. I floor it on the highway but local I drive conservatively.

This table below is manually calc’d (to the best of my ability) based on how many tanks i’ve filled up and the odometer (which I imagine is accurate). Are you saying the electric miles on the odometer is not accurate?

miles power Gal Capacity Tanks Filled Gas Used MPG
365.8 gas 19 1.5 28.5 12.8
228.0 electric
593.8 blended 28.5 20.8

Is 593.8 your total miles?

Should your tanks filled equal your gas used? If that’s the case, you gas tank should be empty (unless that means Tanks Used).

There might be an error in your gas usage.

He might not be that far off. I averaged about 16mpg in the wrangler 4xe. Strictly gas.

Got an offer for 55k from jeep dealer. 50k from another. Because there’s no data on GC 4xes every dealer is requiring me to come in person for them to appraise which makes things a pain. There are another 4 dealers within 30min radius.

I’m conscious of time (and putting more miles driving everywhere) wasting so wondering if I should just sell for 55k or is it worth getting a few more quotes? 53k is my buyout.

Will sending up to date photos of the vehicle stop this ‘come to the dealership’ nonsense? How have ppl dealt with this?

Some dealers won’t get off the requirement to come in. When you share photos, make the offer contingent on inspection and politely ask to not waste each others time, actually interested dealers will play ball. Keep in mind that the BDC/internet rep you’re dealing with gets paid to get people through the door so you have to nudge them to actually talk to the used car manager.

1 Like

Call and ask for the used car manager. More times than not they skip the “come in” bs and will respond after you send info. As Harry said make it contingent on inspection to satisfy them

1 Like