2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE

Am I the only one that wants to drive this thing? Wish it was the L 6 seater.

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous. There are so many who ordered in January of this year still waiting while dealers getting preferential allocations so they can sell above MSRP. Fuck jeep/Stellantis

2 Likes

Looks like the demo vehicle referenced in this post sold;

1 Like

I ordered one to keep and drive. It’s built just waiting…

1 Like

57k with almost 50k miles…. Interesting.

Have to figure that has some options on it to go for that much. Also a good first benchmark.

I see where @Clutch has about 20 coming in (all trims) before the end of the year. A smaller discount, but a great option for someone wanting to lock it in and take advantage of the tax credit.

I’m curious how the flip potential would be on these due to low quantity even existing yet.
The Summit seems like a great vehicle but it’s no doubt expensive. TX has tax credits this month so can walk out with no tax on the deal. Hard to say no but I don’t wanna be stuck with something 700-800 a month…decision decision

Personally I think through year end there’s flip potential on base models but we’ll only really know in a few months as these either fly off dealer lots or start piling up. The base has a lot of luxury features and the impact of the 7500 on the cap cost reduction is more pronounced.

Is paying msrp considered a good price for base GC 4xe? My dealer is expecting 2 in the coming week or so. I’m thinking about trading in my Ford Lightning and getting into the GC 4xe.

An educated shopper, such as you would expect to find on LeaseHackr, should be able to purchase a GC 4xe with, at least, a 3% to 4% discount. So I would want to be something like $2000 under MSRP, however, when a trade-in is involved, that is another variable to consider.

3 Likes

agree that you want to find a discount. That will be hard to come by now but potentially in a month. Having a very hot vehicle in the Lightning you might make more trading that now and getting the GC at MSRP… in two months the value of the Lightning may have dropped more than your potential discount.

1 Like

Agreed. Need to make decision soon. Is it safe to assume I should be getting trade in offers the same or comparable to cash offers I’ve had? Give me the vin offered me $70.5k today. The jeep dealers 1st offer was $68k trade. I didn’t negotiate yet cause I want to make sure I want the GC 4xe before I go down that road.

1 Like

I mean look at the market for your lightning. The dealer would make money on the trade and the sale so you find the trade number that makes a deal and if not you walk. Only you can decide what’s worth it. You may want to get behind the wheel of one too. Your best cash trade offer and msrp could still be good for the dealer. But there are other factors like finance rates, add on ls etc.

But we’re all just making our best educated guess as to what a lightning will trade in for and a GC will sell for. Both we expect will be in demand.

What model/trim lightning? Can pull manheim #'s.

Thanks but I think @z0lt3c posted one a few days ago. Is this what you were referring to?

Yep, as long as yours is an XLT.

Silly question maybe but if you keep GC 4xe in hybrid mode does it regenerate batteries thru normal driving like a typical non plug in hybrid?If so what’s the mpg? Also, 25 miles of electric range from 17kw battery seems inefficient. That’s roughly 1.5miles/kw. My Lightning has avg 2.4 over 1k miles.

Regen via braking… not noticeable unless you driving on considerably downhill terrain. Certainly not as efficient as a full EV but still a big cost savings vs the full gas model. There are people who almost never fill up due to local commutes so it works well for them.

If you are regularly driving 50-100 miles per trip without the option to recharge in between, probably not the right EV for you.

Yes but that is if you charge everyday. Charging 17kw at home rate of .16/kw is $2.72 of electric to get 25 miles of electric range. Nothing to write home about if I’m thinking about it correctly. That same $2.72 of electric gets me 40 miles of range in my lightning.

If I never plug in the 4xe will it hit 0% battery in hybrid mode and just run as the gas engine or will it recharge via normal driving and act like a rav4 hybrid or Sportage hybrid and get a combined mpg of 35 for example?