2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash

Which AFG are you using? Im getting this from Hascom, all the others are pretty similar:

Found the last time I answered:

Chevy sold over 214,000 V-VOLTS…

1 Like

I’m sketched by that optimism because in the pre-pandemic normal times, Bolts were worth peanuts after 2 years. Quite literally saw original $40k stickers off lease going for $15k. Hesitant to call their residuals good after the craziness blows over in 2 years.

4 Likes

I don’t really look at 30% depreciation over 2 years as optimism.

That’s downright terrible for most EVs.

But I agree it’s hard to bet on a Bolt EV long term value. I feel a bit better about EUV.

4 Likes

And back then they had $16k of incentive on them. Now, save for the cash to match the price cut, they have none.

1 Like

Gas isn’t going back $2.50 a gallon in the next 2 years.

5 Likes

Idk man besides the cheap price these are kinda fugly doo doo cars that aren’t super desirable. Imma stand by my prediction they’ll mostly be underwater in 2-3 years.

The hardest part is getting people to actually drive one. I leased on a year ago during the big sale where a 36mo one pay was going for $5-6k depending on rebates. Car handles well, decent acceleration, good acceleration. Looks a little weird, but that’s the only complaint.

1 Like

How’s the comfort? I sat in a friends car in 2019 and I felt the ride was very harsh and noisy…

I doubt it. With current squeezes anyone that’s hoarded a 21 will not let it go for cheap, and I don’t think there are programs for them at this point.

Volts got hoarded by a few dealers in NJ, and idk if they’re still available.

GM whored out so many that Bolt slingers were buying Lambos.

8 Likes

Lambo* the rest were other brands :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My 2020 wasn’t that bad, I had the LT and took it to Vegas a few times… stopped to charge once on the way at a EVGO stations
It’s a great car if anyone needs a EV, I didn’t need it so I transferred the lease for some extra $$$ in my pocket (it was one of the great ONE PAY deals way back then…)

1 Like

I did a quick search last night and from what I saw, nationwide, any used bolts that was not a lemon and had a clean Carfax started at roughly 25K

1 Like

Do you know if this $6300 cash bonus will stack with the $3750 lease loyalty cash bonus?

Yes, but you have to terminate your lease

Are you sure? My dealer just told me these cannot be stacked.

Dang. I still have 20 months left on my lease…

That’s just what some other dealer said, so no, not sure.

Confirmed with dealer, cannot stack