2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash

All I’m saying is it’s an awesome deal I love the car and with the 25k used ev rebate in 2024 the selling floor would be low

people really have the shortest memory. In 2019 and 2020 they couldn’t sell 2-3 year old bolts for more than $15k (and that’s a generous upper end).

5 Likes

I’m not sure what the rebate in 2024 has to do with the price of tea in China. A rebate doesn’t magically give you selling power if nobody is buying them then and they are piling up on dealer lots collecting dust. You MAY fare better if you’re in CA, since that is the state that has adopted EVs the best. The other 49 states…

I guess will see … the Bolt will be one of the only EV’s to qualify since it has to sell for 25k or less. To think it won’t factor is crazy…

Deleted text.

The 2023 has faster charging speeds?

The 23 non-Bolt Chevy EVs will pull more than 50. Bolt is old tech.

If this is true, makes this bolt a not so attractive buy. People are buying this out of desperation as we don’t have that many options today and gas prices are still high.
Remember the time when the egolf were selling for under 15k after incentives and rebates? In today’s market, those egolfs are still selling for 15k after 4+ years!

I think both 22/23 has DC fast charging capability? Can anyone please confirm?

Will a demo/dealership vehicle qualify for 2k uber or employee discount 3k ? I wonder if one can negotiate deeper discount in this market on such vehicles. I got a text from a nearby dealer who has one.

It’s 50kw speed. Thats faster than your home charger, but they claim 0-80 in about an hour, so it’s one of the slowest fast charging rates you can get for modern ev’s.

1 Like

I don’t think that was true

I tried to delete my post, since I am not sure this is true. I saw this mentioned on Consumer Reports’ website, but could not confirm it anywhere else.

The CR article stated: "Among other provisions, the new bill:

• Offers a new tax credit of up to $4,000 on used EVs put into service after Dec. 31, 2023."

I read this to mean the vehicle’s initial sale must be after Dec 31, 2023. However, the article also states:

“As far as used vehicles are concerned, the CBO estimates 24,750 used EVs will qualify in 2023, and about the same number in 2024.”

This statement seems to contradict the prior statement about being put in service after Dec. 31, 2023.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/electric-vehicles-that-qualify-for-new-ev-tax-credit-a9310530660/

Acquired seems to refer to purchase of the used vehicle, not the original in service date based on the actual IRA language.

“Sec. 25E. Previously-owned clean vehicles.”.

(e) Effective Date.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in paragraph (2), the amendments made by this section shall apply to vehicles acquired after December 31, 2022

2 Likes

Based on the above interpretation, it refers to the MY of the vehicle. So in 2023 it would seem 2021 MY or older vehicles would be eligible. MY 2022 wouldn’t be eligible until 2024. Also, can only be done once on each specific vehicle. Also appears to need to be done at a dealer (not private sale). This would seem to keep a more solid floor on vehicles such as the bolt.

How long did it take for your order to arrive? I see 2023 hitting the lots and wondering if I should order one now and decide later.

Probably has nothing to do with the price of tea but it makes sense that it will provide a higher floor for used EV sales as it comes straight off the sales price now (as opposed to being a tax rebate). That makes a big difference to a lot of people. Also, GM just delivered a record sales quarter for Bolts to the extent that GM plans to now increase production! So to compare the used EV sales of older Bolts seems to be flawed as the new design is showing signs of demand. Also, those newer platforms won’t be eligible for several years so the floor should be intact in the short term but in the longer term may be affected.

Dear all, not sure if this belongs here, but did a search and confused, and could use some help.

I have a 2020 bolt premier lease expiring in January '23 (paid for 12k miles/yr, car has 30k rn). What’s the recommendation for returns? I know Chevy was giving cash back for purchasers due to the battery debacle (Chevrolet Is Giving Money Back to Chevy Bolt Buyers Who Missed), but I never got a letter like that.

When searching, I saw another thread something about getting an extra cash back if you lease or purchase another Bolt with your return. I rather not get another, but what’s the skinny? Which thread has a summary? I’m a little confused trying to put all the pieces together (the new price drop, the “goodwill” refund, having a lease rather than purchase, etc).

Many thanks in advance, and sorry in advance if I didn’t do enough research!

Check the thread above. It will have information about repurchases, MSRP Swaps, Substitutions of Collateral, and more. You will need to do some reading, but there is also an EV hotline from Chevy that you can call to try to get someone to verbally explain options to you (1-833-EVCHEVY).

I will caveat all of this with the assumption that you have not already had your battery replaced which would close out all of these options from you.

1 Like

If you ground your lease, it’s $3750 lease cash in most regions. Leases are worse than purchases though due to purchase cash.

so by ground you mean return early I think. Does that mean if I started a new chevy lease I’d get the $3750, or if I just ground it now and return I’d still get $3750? For reference, I did a one-pay on this bolt, so I’m not making any payments anymore either.