2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash

It’s because you think there may be a chance that we can use the 7.5k (or maybe half of it) on top of what we have right now?

I am looking to get 2k CVRP under my wife’s name, she never got CVRP (I have used it before). In that case is it best to keep the car registered just on her name, or on both our names is fine too. I will have to get uber under her name if that’s the case.

I was initially thinking to have contract under both our names, and only I sign up for uber to get 2k on sales contract, but I don’t want to risk CVRP with my name on contract because i have already received one before.

1 Like

I got 2 cvrp rebates on both teslas I had
Both of the times me and my wife were on the registration but we each claimed one

2 Likes

On a quote I see tax charged on full MSRP and not on the lower price after $6300 incentives. Is that correct?

If sales tax is on full MSRP, then a 23 model saves you $600+ if you are in 10%+ tax rate as me.

In California, sales tax is charged on the full sales price, before deducting the rebate.

1 Like

So question. My Bolt was ordered a month ago with NJ charge up funds held for it. I also get the $500 first responder. Is there any reason for me not to sign up for Uber to get that credit as well? I am never going to drive for Uber but for the credit it may be worth signing up.

Furthermore, am I better off waiting to take delivery after new year?

You should always sign up for Uber. It’s free money… it only runs until the end of the year.

I’m in the same exact boat as you but the question is… will the dealer wait to 1/1/23 to deliver the car if it comes earlier?

I’m feeling like if I do charge up for 4k. First responder for 500. Then sign up for Uber for 2000. And do a one pay it should be pretty good. Unsure though. My build sheet said it would be built in September but who actually knows. I hope it comes later.

One pay? Wait. you’re leasing?

As far as I know - Uber $2000 only for purchase not lease

Guess I’m not getting Uber credit then. Oh well.

Why not just purchase it instead? It’s not like it’s an insanely aggressive lease like late 2020. If it’s a 2022, the purchase rebate alone makes the case. Uber credit just reinforces it.

1 Like

I don’t really want to own it. I sort of just want to try an EV. I have no interest in keeping it. I figured doing a 1 pay with $4,500 in rebates would get me a somewhat decent deal. I can wait until 2023 If they’re willing to hold it for the month.

It makes no sense to lease a Bolt the numbers are terrible. If you buy you have an awesome investment and would be able to sell for about as much as you paid for it. Look at the price on 2020 Bolts… also in 2024 there is the 4K rebate on used EV’s under 25k that’s the minimum you’d be able to sell for.

Small EV’s like the bolt (although the ones with less desirable range) were not selling that well in the used markets when things were normal. Small cars that were 30k+ MSRP were selling for 10k or so after 3 years. Right now used market is hot but we don’t know if it stays like this for years. As a reference, a small car I sold 3 years ago is selling for 50% more today. :joy: . As you said, 4k will help a little, but I doubt prices will be this strong 3 years from now.

1 Like

I guess we can agree to disagree :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure you can sell it for what you paid for it, but at a minimum, you’re likely to have a lower net cost by purchasing and later selling vs leasing. You’ll end up paying $17k-$20k to lease one.

Purchase is the right move, but to each his own.

Yeah it’s not gonna hold its value due to new tech coming out. The new Chevy EVs have newer tech and faster charging speeds and they are coming out soon.

Still hard to see the justification for the massively higher cost of a lease.

You’re betting all your chips on black if you think a Bolt buy is an “investment.” Used prices are starting to drop as interest rates are going up, people aren’t buying cars like they were 6 months ago, wholesale prices are coming down, and repos are starting to drive up. Just because there are some on the lots with bloated asking prices doesn’t mean those dealers will get them, and will eventually be forced to sell for a more reasonable price.

Add in the fact that this tech will be obsolete as more and more vehicles begin to come online in the next 1-2 years, and I’d take my chances not “investing” in the Bolt.

1 Like