2021 Subaru Crosstrek negotiable discounts

Hi Hackrs,

I’m currently looking to Lease a 2021 Crosstrek, preferably in Limited or Sport trims. From looking at inventory, there definitely seems to be a small amount of vehicles available, average price is hovering around 32k.I have one picked out that I’ve been in touch with the dealer and going to see it tomorrow, but realistically how much can I expect to negotiate off the cap cost? (I also have the MF and residual which I will demand to get). I’ve searched the forums but last deal on Crosstreks I found was in Nov 2020.

FYI - located in SoCal, 10k miles, 36 months. MSRP: $30,239, MF: .00155 Residual: 65%. Hoping to get to a ~$350/mo payment, which acoording to the calculator would be trying to get 10% off MSRP.

Link to the Lease calculator with these parameters

Thanks!

Rv can’t be changed.

Who cares if they mark up the mf or not if they get to your target price? If they’d rather mark up the mf and give a larger discount, there’s no issue.

With that said, I don’t think you’re going to be seeing 10% in this market.

2 Likes

10% off is VERY FAR from realistic

if you are patient I can get you a light discount on one in Socal. These are over MSRP vehicles in the current market

2 Likes

If MSRP is $30k, but average pricing you’ve seen is $32k? If that’s the case, not sure how you think you’ll get 10% off MSRP.

1 Like

There’s a reason for that. Not many crosstrek lessees have been happy with the terms.

Even subaru owners don’t let friends lease a crosstrek.

1 Like

Crosstreks generally aren’t sitting for very long right now. My buddy works at a Subaru and he says the ones that hit the ground sell within a few days and half the incoming units get reserved before hitting the ground.

2 Likes

If you want a Crosstrek and can’t get it at below MSRP this is a car to finance. It’s a good car, just not one you are likely to want to lease in socal.

For what it’s worth best I could do in the northeast was $1k below msrp. And that was reaching out to 20-25 dealers.

3 Likes

Mr deadtrick here is gonna try to get 10% off just because the calculator told him it would give him a nice payment of 350. I wish the world worked according to an online calculator.

3 Likes

Mr deadtrick here is gonna try to get 10% off just because the calculator told him it would give him a nice payment of 350. I wish the world worked according to an online calculator.

Was simply trying to see what I could get given the current market, see what deals are out there, and what’s realistic. Didn’t mean to offend anyone or imply that I would be getting those numbers. Unfortunately looks like the rules for the community and “being kind” aren’t respected here.

1 Like

They are respected, but all the guys here have seen hundreds of unrealistic posts. Your’s was well written with a goal in pricing, but you picked a car that can’t be had for that price, unless it’s been in an accident first.

They do mean well but yes, it comes off harsh, in fact the first reply from MLLCB42, that was probably the most concise post I’ve seen him do, and it was pretty much to the point. Your 10% isn’t going to work today.

1 Like

Well, the usual tricks are dead, so to speak.

2 Likes

Well, the only usual trick that still works is wait till some broker here offers a great deal and snap it up. That’s how I got my Kona, and that’s how all these people got 4Xes and now Willys.

I mean to even get 8% off a Jeep, you have to find a dealer who will honor Associate (aka almost employee) pricing and that’s pretty rough. but 10% off a Subaru? that’s really hard in this short stock market.

1 Like

I was being punny. Still, might be worth hitting up @rubbergash and see if he can run down any inventory.

You are my kind of guy!!!

1 Like

May be worth a try, but he hasn’t posted here since May

1 Like

OP, check out this post. I had a goal of paying less than MSRP in this market and ended up placing a factory order with invoice less 2%.

I ended up purchasing since the lease terms weren’t great, but the discount would likely apply on a lease too.

Could be an option if your original approach doesn’t yield results.

2 Likes

What were your financing terms – The APR rate online is 0% for an unknown amount of months –

I would take 0% for 96 months.

1 Like

inflation is 1-2 percent – even a rate of 2% is free money

0% is always better though –

1 Like