Lease Newbie: 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport cvt $0 down, monthly $447. 57 Please review!

Hi, this is my first lease and I’ve been doing a bit of research but still confused. The selling price is the same as the sticker price $30,175. Now I know it’s a crappy time to buy or lease but i’m in real need of a new car. Back in May, none of the dealers in my area knew when they’d have the sport model, only a few premiums were available with the shortage.

I’ve been waiting for a month now and there’s a few sport crosstreks in transit. In order to reserve, the dealer said they needed a credit report and to agree on the numbers. With the microchip shortage and the low inventory, I accepted the fact that the selling price wont be great. And please no “crosstrek is a buy car not lease” comments. thanks!

But it seems as though they inflated the MF? What can I do if they don’t bring it down? I guess just walk away or overpay? I attached the breakdown sheet. Also how do I avoid them changing the numbers once its agreed upon and the car arrives? Since nothing is official until I sign.

They also included all these add ons. The only one I care for is the option 22 (moon, blind spot detection, rear cross traffic alert, 8" screen). It also has auto dim mirror/Homlink/compass, rear bumper cover, rear seatback protector, LED map and dome lights, all weather floor liners, and splash guards.

I got the MF and RV from edmunds: MF .00115 and RV at 63%.

2021, Subaru Crosstrek, Sport cvt
MSRP: $30, 175
Selling Price:$30, 175
Monthly Payment: $444.157
Drive-Off Amount: $1,005.76
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12
MF: .00165
Residual: 19,010.25
No Incentives
Region:Nor Cal

Last year dealers were selling crosstreks for $4k off. Just wait for this shit storm to be over if you can.

Did you double check the residual and MF with Edmunds?

No discount and 3.96% on the MF? :-1:t2::-1:t2:

Penfed has 2.39% for 72 months, assuming Subaru doesn’t have special financing. On these terms I’d buy it, but if you can wait a few months I would wait.

1 Like

You can get a V60 Cross Country at that price point.

Run away from this horrific deal.

1 Like

Check marketplace, if that is your budget you can pick up some much nicer vehicles for that kinda money.

That’s absolutely insane. The Crosstrek is not a ~470 a month car. Subarus do not discount well but a Crosstrek is not worth anywhere near that. My 43k outback 3.6 touring was 380 a month, granted a different time, but I didn’t think that car was even worth that, especially after it ate a driveshaft and burned oil. Look at some of the broker deals in market place and get a Volvo or something else. At that price there are such better cars to get than a underpowered, loud, CVT, subcompact Crosstrek.

2 Likes

Of course they included most of the add ons because they know the absolute extreme price you are almost ready to pay for a 30k crosstrek at NEARLY $500 a month!!!

Look at an HR-V instead

Ummm… well… OK. You accept paying high selling price and don’t want to hear not to lease. What am I reviewing?

It is either that or get a gun and a ski mask.

You can’t.
Did you put down a deposit? If so, did you get the deal terms in writing? If no to both, you have no claim to anything and they own the vehicle and can do whatever they want with it.

1 Like

these were leasing in low 200s now it has doubled? prices are out of whack

1 Like

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

2 Likes

Imagine that, low 200s to nearly 500 a month. Thats stupid money. I hope consumers don’t get stupid and continue to pay these prices. We will never see reasonable prices again.

I don’t recall the xtrek ever leasing very well…

1 Like

It didn’t. And no doubt there were better Hackr deals in better times, but the Crosstrek is not a Base Impreza, nor ever leased like one that I recall.

I’m driving a V90 CC (loaner) at almost the same price point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.