2021 Camry XSE two-tone w/ red interior, FL

Of course it is. But $1500 DAS is not unreasonable. Plenty of people pay more than that just in fees. But, yes, OF COURSE, as I said yesterday in my first post in this thread, one still has to ascertain if $420/mo for this car is a good deal today. I have no clue and have no plans of doing the research to find out. Personally, I’d much rather get an S60 if I wanted a FWD sedan.

2 Likes

Equity is the same as money down yes. But it’s free money if.you think of it. Equity isn’t earned money meaning something someone had to work for and get taxed on, so even though it is money down it can be looked as money that one got for free to buy down the next lease. Now I wouldn’t want to jump at any monthly figure on a camry because I have free extra money to buy down the monthly payment but I would be nice to have a payment lower than my original payment I set out to achieve 3 years ago.

This is a dangerous way of thinking about it that gets people to overspend. It’s basically the opposite side of the coin of a sunk cost fallacy.

Equity you have now is indistinguishable from other money you have.

1 Like

So how about one gets 5k in equity and asks the dealer for 4k of that equity and puts down a simple 1k. Is that doable???

That is very much doable.

They might want additional interior space. The IS is cramped inside vs a Camry for passengers.

Why would that not be doable…? And I’m being lectured to about what equity is… :zipper_mouth_face:

What I’m having a hard time grasping is, why should I go to another dealer and get less equity for my trade? Can someone break this down for me please.

Even at an effective rate of $420, that’s $0 out of pocket for me. Has anyone here leased a 36k+ car with essentially $0 out of pocket for $420?
36 months
12k miles a year

I’m not being combative, I really just want to understand. Thanks!!

Okay. So is your general sentiment that the Camry XSE is not WORTH the amount that their selling it for?

Yes, people have leased much more expensive cars for less. I just got rid of a $50k+ Jeep that I was leasing for $406/mo. People on here have even gotten paid to lease more expensive cars. But that’s not the point, if this is the car you want you should do your research and make sure you’re getting a deal on this car.

1 Like

Hell, I’ve leased a $65k car for less than that. Doesn’t really matter though.

IF this deal didn’t include the ~$5K in equity (money down), then I would say absolutely go for it. IMO, there are bigger fish to fry out there for this type of money. Then again, I’m not in the market for a Camry either. If this is the model of car you “have” to have, then it becomes a matter of picking your poison.

Yes sir. I’ve leased 3 cars (MSRP’s $52k-$58K) for less money also.

OP are you open to the TLX, it seems to be one of the few cars that are leasing well and it’s probably “sportier”.

Get more quotes from more online sellers. Also get quotes from dealers just to sell your car without buying a car. This will help you to see the real market value of your car.

I second this. TLXs are actually decent right now.

I know the XSE is “pretty” with the red seats, 19ers and quad tips but have you actually driven a Camry? Go take one out and I guarantee you’ll get that “post nut” clarity and then thank that salesman for his time.

Go take your Accord, cash out your “true” equity and go lease something else.

1 Like

Red seats in the TLX too!

Who knew two-tones and red seats could rob people of all their senses?

2 Likes