Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Toyota Camry XSE two-tone w/ red interior
Selling Price: $32,071
Monthly Payment: $378
Drive-Off Amount: $ 0
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Hi everyone! First time Hackr, so please bare with me! Is this a good deal??? Unfortunately, I do not have the other information such as the money factor and residual. Thanks for your help!
Move it to ask the hackrs section and you are missing a lot of information.
Thank you! As I was browsing the forums, I realized that. I’m going to contact the dealer later today to get the other information.
We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.
- Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
- Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
- Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
- Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
- Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
- Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.
With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.
That’s exactly the car I got quoted on however it had AWD, the dealership would NOT budge below $600 a month. Most dealerships I call are getting $350-$400 a month for the simple SE model so that XSE now in these times at $378 to me is quite a deal.
Take the deal before they change their mind.
Do you have a trade involved in this deal? @Moreforless
I said the same thing. That deal is incredibly fantastic in this market.
If he doesn’t that’s a beast of a deal. I’m looking for that number without my equity which would easily bring that price to mid to upper 200s
Yes. It’s a previous lease that’s almost over. Honda Accord 1.5 sport.
How much lease equity is being rolled in?
That was the missing piece. Essentially $517 per month.
Then your deal is not $0 das, it’s $5k das. That is a significant difference.
This makes all of the above responses about “sign immediately” meaningless as they apply to a $0 das deal, not your $5k das deal.
I understand. I feel they only offered me that in effort to entice me to sign. No other dealer went higher than 1.5k in equity.
How much did carvana/carmax/vroom/etc offer for it?
I’ve only checked with Carvana out of those that you mentioned. They were the ones that offered me 1.5k more than the buyout price. Other local dealers that I checked with offered me break even or 100-200 more than break even.
You have to work on bringing the price down, $517 is just too high for toyota camry xse. For the first time today I was quoted around $415 a month on a 39 10k yr lease with dmv and first month due. Thats the first time in weeks I have seen a 4 in front of an XSE and that was Without and mention of my current lease and the equity I have in it.