2021 Camry XSE two-tone w/ red interior, FL

Welp, take it and run then, but get that equity as a check and don’t lease this car :grin:

2 Likes

Did you check what honda for an appraisal number? Toyota is being very generous with that 5k in equity towards your new xse lease but not so much on the xse leasing numbers themselves.

Would the dealership not offer the 5k in equity if there is no deal made on a new lease???

This is a very interesting situation. Seems like they may be playing the shuffle game. You need to check the value with Vroom and at least one other, such as ALgo or Carmax. If everyone is in that $1500 area, then I’d personally be inclined to look at this as $1500 DAS. There us really no good way to account for an overallowance on a trade. If they lower the price of the new car, they have to lower the trade offer in kind, so it is a wash.

The real question at that point is if $420/mo effective is a good deal.

1 Like

Sheesh. When a Camry is more expensive than a TLX. :grimacing:

7 Likes

Yep quotes on camrys as high as mid level luxury rides.

And you have hear the sales manager reasons why they are asking for $600 a month payments on a toyota

Question is: Why an XSE though ? (general question as I see a lot of people trying to get these)
I mean even before there were no aggressive deals on this either right ? The mass produced trim is the SE and the LE for the Camry.
I ask cause even in S. Florida recently I have seen a whole lot of XSE’s on the road now than ever before. Could it be that a new refresh is in place for the Camry ?

:joy: I understand what you all are saying regarding the “equity”, however I do not think they would have offered me the 5k if I just wanted to sell them my car.

For me, it’s the red interior and two-tone paint job. It’s just a really sexy car!

Let’s keep it real here: there is no point overpaying so much for something as commodity-like as a Camry. Doesn’t matter whether it has XSE or TRD badges, it’s not a real sports sedan anyway. It’s totally fungible with every other car in its class.

Research the forum for Accord, Sonata, K5, etc. and find which one is leasing best right now.

5 Likes

Honestly he can swing for a ES350 F Sport for less than this on a broker deal thru this forum.
Much better car. IS350F Sport might be a little but more but likely within the same range.

2 Likes

The answer is Kia Stinger…hello!!!

Stinger deals aren’t what they used to be.

Even worse than before? it’s a shame

Stinger leases before used to make wonderful purchase deals

Not sure if you meant your comment in jest, but, yeah, that’s sort of the point. They’re ripping you off on the total cost of the lease, so of course they offered you a nice trade-in value… Much of which goes back to them, not to you…

1 Like

LMAO,I was even excited for OP once I saw FL lol…sigh!!

True but I love them!!!

But he said everywhere else was $1500 over buyout at best. As @Qbrozen said, this should probably be looked at as a $420/mo effective payment. For the average leasee it doesn’t really matter how the dealer gets there.

1 Like

Lets say this together now… equity is the same as money down…equity is the same as money down…

Whether you look at it as an effective ~$420/mo or not, its not that great of a deal for a Camry IMO…unless you HAVE to have the car.

1 Like