2021 Camry XSE two-tone w/ red interior, FL

from what I’ve heard TLX’s with the sport packages are leasing exceptionally well these days (400s)

much better alternative imo

1 Like

Well, it matters to me. How much money out of pocket did you have to give for this? Teach me!

My credit score is in the 800’s, and I have positive equity in a car right now. I feel that I’m in a really good position. How can I get a lease deal for a more expensive car for ~$400 a month with 12k miles a year? I prefer not to give any money out of pocket.

How did you do it? Any money out of pocket? Help me out please!

Contact me for a TLX, better value.

2 Likes

If memory serves, I did somewhere around $1000 das, but it really doesn’t matter. Just because that car in the mid $60k range was $340/mo, doesn’t mean that you can get all $60k cars for that. I’ve also paid $500+ for $40k cars.

Most cars don’t lease well. Sometimes the programs align and you can get a great deal on the vehicle. People keep suggesting the TLX in this thread because it’s a similar product at a much higher value.

I would jump on the tlx but to be honest now a days I count all my mpgs. I don’t care for HP and 0-60’s in under 4 seconds but I do like to average 35-40mpg on my daily drives and the tlx wouldn’t do that for me.

MSRP relative to payment is perhaps the most useless & dangerous metric when leasing.

A Chevy Bolt is a technically 40k MSRP, yet can be leased for under $150/month (effectively).

Its not “what is a good deal on a 40k MSRP car?” but rather “what is a good deal on this 40k MSRP car?” that you must ask.

3 Likes

What do you suggest? I’m open.

Okay. So, if I’m understanding correctly, you all are conveying that this XSE is just not worth the deal?

Exactly, the value proposition is just not there. The TLX would be better value, @AutoCompanion have some good deals on them. Here’s a sample of what they have.

2 Likes

I understand. My only trepidation is that, they are offering more equity for my vehicle than other places. So…yes I can go to another dealer and get a car that’s ~more reliable…but receive less equity thus paying a higher payment. I am going to try.

The 10% of MSRP for a monthly is to be used as a general rule of thumb; it is not a one size fits all. The Bolt is also an exception to most rules and often yields unicorn deals.

Yes, this is what many of us have said in this thread, multiple times.

1 Like

It helps if rules of thumb are even remotely useful. The 1% rule is not.

1%, yes, I’m not sure why I had said 10%. :man_facepalming:

I will concede that there never will be a good lease deal that’s 10% of msrp per month :rofl:

A little leeway here, it is too early in the day for numbers… :sweat_smile:

I worry that you keep bringing this up. As we have said ad nauseam in this thread, the amount they are giving you for your trade is completely irrelevant by itself. It is the overall deal that matters. It is a very common tactic to make the buyer feel better by overallowing on the trade, yet making it back by overcharging for the new car. That’s why you need to focus on the effective payment.

1 Like

Read through this and throwing my 2 cents. I just leased over memorial weekend a TLX (im in miami). I went with the same guy i got my first deal 2 years ago @mani_is_kool . First deal he got me into a honda sport super low cost, i was able to get an estimate from carmax for about 6k on it profit. When i spoke with mani he worked out another sick deal again for me (so that i wouldnt end up carless lol) with Acura. Acura cut me the 6k check instead, picked up my vehicle and dropped off a new 2021 TLX. I did 0 money down and my deal was around the range you are looking for. Hes nailed it twice for me so thats my recommendation, good luck

1 Like

Wow.just like that acura cut you a 6k check for a sport 1.5? I can’t even get a honda dealership to come close to a carmax or carvana offer.