2021 Camaro LT1 MSRP $40,870 $1221 DAS $348/mo

Often times, drastically overshooting reality in hopes of landing at a middle ground results in your deal going straight to the trashcan.

As with orbital mechanics, if you’re trying to go for the moon, aim for the moon. Come in too hot and you’ll burn up on re-entry.

3 Likes

No need. You just said it yourself.

In my opinion, for this particular car right now, it’s better to just go in with a monthly payment target. Just use the other signed deals as a reference when evaluating it. The percent discount is going to vary drastically and may be meaningless. On paper my deal is one of the highest discount percentages out of anything posted here, yet the end result is mid pack.

1 Like

Sorry to use the hated metric, but again because everything is so well-known on this car right now it can be useful to cut through all the muddiness. A great target would be about 0.8% IMO.

1 Like

In which state? With or without conquest? For how many miles? Does that include supplier? With or without buypower?

There’s a .25% of msrp payment swing on this deal based on the incentives qualifications alone.

1 Like

Here’s the Conquest info:

Current owners/lessees of a 2007 or newer non-GM (i.e., non-Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, HUMMER, Pontiac or Saturn) passenger car or truck qualify for this conquest offer. Customer must have owned/leased their qualifying vehicle for a minimum of 30 days prior to the sale of the new vehicle. Cannot be combined with loyalty offers.Trade-in Not Required. Proof of non-GM lease/ownership required. Residency restriction apply. See dealer for details.

Any state, anywhere, any conditions. If one doesn’t qualify for any of those different incentives then it is probably not worth looking at the car.

If I have a car built now, is the RV / MF based on today’s numbers? Or when car lands at dealer?

That just doesn’t make sense, unless you say something like .8% +/- .2% to account for differences in tax rates, etc. At that point, when your spread is half your target, what is there actually to glean?

1 Like

Not to be combative… but it means that the current “Camaro crime of opportunity” so to speak just isn’t in the cards for that particular buyer at the current time. There have been many times I have seen deals posted here that I would love to have jumped on, but I simply couldn’t because I didn’t qualify for certain things. So, it was better for me just to move on and find something else. There is always something else :slight_smile:

I always look at these things from the following perspective------

If I have to get out of this lease for whatever reason one year down the line, with the deal I’m about to sign can I?

Sure, but that’s largely based on local market conditions. Let’s say we have a texas buyer, who gets saddled with a higher payment because of tax. So will all the local comps, so they may have no more difficulty at, say, .9% transferring the lease in the local market as someone in socal may at .75%. Does that mean that their lease, of equal quality to the socal lease, other than local tax limitations, is too high to pursue?

1 Like

I am probably not the right one to ask about that, but my answer to that would be yes. If I was in Texas I would not pursue cars unless they had tax credits. But as I have mentioned a number of times before, I am in admitted bottom feeder, LOL😜

Well shit, if we are throwing in tax credits, now the socal deal at .8% is way better than the texas deal at .8%. Why not push for a comparable discount? Why leave money on the table because of a made up number in a different state?

1 Like

Thank you!

Best i got was $315 39/10 $500 due at start. Should i take it?

What are the other details?

Where are you located?

Simple google search would answer all your questions…

These guys answered for ya.

I don’t work for GMFS just what someone from Chevy told me.

Yeah, what are the other details such as MSRP?

Offhand, without even knowing the MSRP, it looks like you may be barking up the right tree though.

39/10k gm lease

msrp 37715

supplier 36546.20

Thats all i got, tried to drop it to $300 but the lowest he went from 320 to 315, i even said lets meet in the middle at 310 n he said best he can do is 315 with 500 DAS. Its a 6 speed. Didn’t ask for any MF because i was aiming for just straight monthly payments at 300.