2021 California EV Carpool Stickers?

Here you go see posts number 21 and number 26 there’s others but I know those two are for sure

Post 21 and 26 are the same person.
That post 26 makes no sense. Sent in Jan but kicked back Mar 15?
Something smells fishy there or missing.

I wouldn’t take 1 Person’s claim of 90 days to be how the stickers are being processed.
I have 2 claims on this posting as well as others who got their stickers.

Though it does say you can claim it without a plate. Interesting, they might’ve relaxed the rules for that.

They have several threads, I’ve read it in others as well. When you scroll down to the end of a thread below you could see other threads and you may find more information there about checks being bounced back. I don’t understand if the information is reliable or not as you’re questioning it. But it didn’t seem fishy to me. Hopefully mine will turn up soon and I’ll report back here as well to help others

I have leased 2 eTrons since last July and both received CA HOV decals with just the temporary paper tag number on the application. I applied the day I took delivery since it takes so long to process.

It gets automatic updated to your permanent plate during processing.

3 Likes

Anyone knows if I received the carpool sticker for my EV and decided to switch to another license plate later, do we need to notify the DMV or they will automatically switch in the system?

They aren’t tied to the license plate, they are tied to the VIN of car.

1 Like

Take a look at this link it has every conceivable reason when you need to notify the DMV

2 Likes

You have to notify DMV by completing a REG 1000 (PDF) form if the information on the CAV decal ID card needs to be corrected (e.g., misspelling, new address and/or new license plate number ). There is no fee required for corrections or updates and you will receive a new CAV decal ID card within 30 business

This is something that was cut and pasted from a post a few years back. I think the 30 day timeframe is inaccurate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have never informed them when changing Plates.

There is a receipt for the $22 which has the plate, but nothing on the document that has to be in the glove box.

Edit :Err correction, just found the plate#…yikes, I’m in trouble with the DMV. :slight_smile: I guess I better go to jail and not collect $200

Only if you’re pulled over in the HOV lane and they check your registration and your decal ID registration as well. Seems like it’s a free update if I was in your position I would probably send in the change

1 Like

Well I will ASSUME They see the stickers and not pull me over for that…though I was probably speeding…hehe

1 Like

Got my sticker today, timeline:

applied mid April
cash checked ~10 days ago
sticker received today.
Sticker good until 2025.

good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Finally! Application sent in mid April, my check was finally cashed yesterday July 8. Hopefully I’ll have my HOV stickers in a few days!!

1 Like

You don’t have any plate scanners up north? They are everywhere down here.

I’m SoCal, but the plate scanners and the sticker system are separate.
That’s one of the reasons it takes so long, it’s not connected to the Main DMV. (because no one at DMV can look it up for me)

Ugh, sounds like I still have a month to go since I sent mine in mid-May.

Update:

Check cashed July 8, HOV stickers received July 12. At least that part goes pretty quickly!

1 Like

So Apr 15- Jul 12?
Well once they cash, they mail. If you see the check cashed and 2 weeks later don’t have a sticker, CALL!

1 Like

I submitted first week of May and just got the stickers yesterday FYI. I’d say it takes about 2 months right now.

For those who got the stickers, did you put it directly on the bumpers?

They sell these little removable films that people put on the paint and then attach the sticker to those so they don’t damage the paint and are easy to move/remove.

Not sure for a leased car if I should spend the 18 bucks to do that. Would dealership not want them there on return? Any reason to do it if leasing?