2021 California EV Carpool Stickers?

Wow! Those are really long lead times. I had mine filed via the dealership when I took delivery. They used the VIN and the temporary plate number (I made a check out to the DMV for $22 and gave it to them). Glad to hear above that work for someone else as well I was getting a little worried about mine and it’s only a little less than a month now since it was mailed in!

There’s no need to submit the registration card with the application REG 1000

1 Like

Just checking to be sure I’m right in my understanding here. There’s no online application or payment right? It’s all via paper mail and checks?

Yep. Just fill out the form, and send it, along with a $22 check to the DMV address listed on the form.

Just for an FYI. It’s filled by the DMV inside of Sacramento Legislature which normally processes DMV for the Congress only. Very shorthanded.

Interesting - how does this scale if all of California is pushing electric vehicles so hard? Or does it just go away…

It doesn’t. That’s why it’s taking so long. same office, same employee.

I just spoken with the special processing unit (not the actual unit but the number that’s associated with that office). The representative stated that as of April 29 they were processing HOV applications with the date of February 18.

I asked her if she could query any further but she’s not in that actual department. However, she was able to see my vehicle registration/plates which they processed pretty quickly in about two weeks, but for the HOV stickers… That’s another story folks!

For what it’s worth, it sounds like maybe they’re catching up? I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a huge influx of sticker requests at the start of the year with people (like myself) that waited until the new year to file the application in order to maximize eligible years with the stickers.

Anyone with an update that has been waiting for their HOV stickers?

Early April mailing of application and still no notice. Check has not been cashed. I read on another thread it’s taking about 3 1/2 months. Any other data points?

Mailed 3/21
Cashed 6/02
Got Stckers 6/11

So 2 months 3 weeks now. They getting a LITTLE faster.

2 Likes

Thanks mine was mailed “I believe” around April 10, (actually the dealership did that for me). I’ll be checking my bank daily to see if the check clears… Thanks for the Datapoint

Oof. I mailed mine in late May, so sounds like I’m looking at late July, early August if I’m lucky. I really regret not just doing it at the beginning of the year.

Applied in March, received today, used the HOV lane today. Worth the wait, not a big PHEV fan but this made it worth it.

1 Like

FYI

Finally got my CA HOV Decals. Here’s the timeline.

2/24/21 - Leased vehicle
3/29/21 - Received license plates
3/30/21 - Mailed Reg 1000 Clean Air Decal Application with $22 check
6/9/21 - Check cashed
6/21/21 - Received CA HOV Decals

5 Likes

Thanks for that. More and more feeling like I’m looking at July into August for me.

1 Like

Nice! Based on your timeline I should be 2-4 weeks out for my decals.

Hopefully they’re zeroing in on my envelope at the DMV. I assume it was mailed in around April 12th, No check cashed yet so far. I say assume, as I followed up with the dealership and they mailed it in with all my other DMV information on or about the 12th. Hopefully soon! I even bought the 3M paint protector film that’s diecut to the exact standards of the HOV stickers

The only thing I’m stressing is on the Tesla forum, People have stated they got their checks sent back saying it was dated more than 90 days?? Can’t the DMV see the postmark on the envelope and understand they didn’t open it up until so much later??

Got a link? I would like to read that.