2021 Acura TLX debut

hahah or the back lol…

hahah I am little bias with my 3rd gen Type-S the sporty (luxury a little)

I have yet to drive the 4th gen 6MT but I will try it once the lockdown is over…

I am a fan of the SH-AWD as I have driven the RL, RDX & MDX but the 3rd Gen Type-S bias is hard to pass lol

rumors are 21"

1 Like

:dart::dart::dart:

“What we need are photographers with 0 eye for color or composition. Pull some of our base models in rental car colors and call me when the lighting is bad. And we’ll need streaks and lens flare.”

1 Like

this color fancy enough for you lol

I will always always love the 4G TL because it’s the only one to get it with a stick and probably always will be (future collector car lol!). SH-AWD needs power to really make a difference since it’s a a mechanical system, otherwise they just feel and drive like FWD cars. You can do some serious batsh*t crazy things with that system and a stick. I got to the point where I could drift around a corner in any weather any road condition in total 100% control manipulating the rear diff power flow with the throttle and steering. Terrifying for a 4200lb ugly ass sedan :rofl:

And of course the car was ugly af but it had a lot of presence and uniqueness, at least they tried for something even if it was an epic fail. The TLX is just sooooo bland…I had one as a loaner for 10k miles and was bored to death with it in every way and the dual screen lag drove me crazy.

If they’ve put all this work into the chassis, I wonder if they will bring back the SH-AWD with outer wheel overdrive capability?! That was only used on the 2G RL and the 4G TL.

1 Like

Do not get me started on it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

sometimes the uglier they are the crazier they are

1 Like

Oh, good God. What passenger car of any type needs 21" wheels (regardless of ride)??? Argh. Hit a pothole, and I assume you’re going to do some damage…

4 Likes

21s for looks are great, practicality is a whole different animal but here’s a shortlist, m760/s63/s8, e63/m5/charger hc/rs7, this list could get very long very quick.

Like I said earlier bring back the sporty cars not the sporty looks.

1 Like

Those are 20’s

1 Like

I miss my '92 Legend sedan 5MT. It was sublime and luxurious in a pseudo Euro minimalist way with Euro-esque road manners. But with Japanese simplicity of operation. Well engineered rig.

Looked like this:

2 Likes

Yup, you can see the ‘R20’ underneath the ‘E’ in BREMBO.

2 Likes

I loved that generation of Legend (esp the coupe). Very classy, elegant, and low key. Sort of like today’s Volvo, except w/ way better reliability and ergonomics… :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully, they’re able to keep the pricing in check. If a loaded TypeS is over $60k, why wouldn’t I just go lease a M340xi?

I don’t think we will get pricing today.

But a good gauge will be $3-4k more expensive then the current A-Spec/Advance/PMC

Highly doubt they’d be stupid enough to price with the Germans. They’ve always undercut by 15-20% depending on the trim. I would be shocked if a Type-S was any more than $50k.

The current TLX pricing is total nonsense, as evidenced by the constant several thousand dollars in rebates it takes to barely move them. The TL’s NEVER had any rebates.

1 Like

Agreed…

I have a feeling it will be closer to the PMC addition price… closer to 50k…so 48,995 or 49,995

If they think they can price the new tlx with all bells and whistles above $50,000 they have to be completely foolish.

Type-S is like the “performance” version so they’ll definitely would want some premium for it…

That’s the trend with “M”, “AMG” “S” etc

Any guesses on a base TLX?

$36k?

Should be in the ball park of the current, as it will still be a 4 banger 2.0L

Calling it a premium, performance version and it actually being an M or AMG competitor are two very different things