2021 Acura TLX debut

I was talking about the trend of putting performance type badges to get premium pricing…

Twin turbo is rumored to be high output plus all the “upgrades” to ride & handling is sure to be up the ante…

The Type S, on the other hand, packs a “new V6 Turbo” that offers “V8-like power and refinement” and “greater than 50% increase in low-end torque compared to the current 3.5-liter V6”. It also has a “beefier” 10-speed automatic, an all-wheel-drive system, Brembo brakes, and stiffer suspension.

Unfortunately honda’s definition of high output isn’t always shared with the rest of the market.

I hope it’s an interesting car, but I don’t have faith.

2 Likes

I am hoping too…

I really liked what they had started with Acura but not where they’ve ended up.

Hoping this might bring it back

I always thought the T LX was acura being lazy and just releasing that particular model because they had to with nothing but bland styling, mediocre interior and just a mild engine. Car was nothing like its past members which everyone knows acura TL was really what made Acura stand out. If it were not for the MDX or RDX acura would be a nothing company

TL always had a 6 cylinder engine and the better powered 3.5L got the type-s badge.

TLX lowered the bar with the 4 banger and lost the 3.5L to just a trim upgrade.

My 3rd gen V6 is the same as current pilot, oddesey, MDX 🤦

1 Like

Type-S numbers not released :yawning_face:

Shocked! Why would Acura release information on the interesting variant that might actually drive interest?

Glad to see they’re off to a running start with getting this one right.

1 Like

So the announcement summary

We got new styling (which is not that different from current) with current RDX engine & interior… & Some went back to suspension that made TL good …

You know what says recipe for success for a hot new sports sedan launch? A cuv motor and an interior that’s already starting to look dated.

1 Like

Bingo

True Honda fashion… Lol

P.S. - edited previous post about styling lol

Well, at least on the bright side, in a year or so, there will probably be cheap leases available on these.

One problem from a leasing perspective is that the Type S will be likely the same lease cost as an M340i given Acuras don’t lease that well. M340i I’m guessing will destroy this in performance.

They didn’t release HP numbers on the S performance model in the video.

There have been some fantastic leases on MDXs and TLXs in the past year due to huge incentives being thrown at them.

2 Likes

Fair point, but I highly doubt there will be incentives on the Type S for at least a couple of years. I used to work for an Acura dealer when the new RLX premiered. Even when we couldn’t sell any, the management still tried to push them out with no discount and no incentive.

M340i xDrive is a sub-4 second car to 60. No way this is getting under 4 seconds.

Zzzzzzzzz, same nose, looks like a big ILX. All this time to reinvent themselves and this is what they release. This TLX is absolutely nothing special at all.

RLX, haaaa, they sold just over a 1000 in 2019. How they can still even manufacture that car is beyond me.

It’s being killed off after this model year.