2020 WRX White Series Lease

@mllcb42 I’m just trying to get an idea of how much of discount I’m getting at ‘invoice’, and trying to understand what @Claypens means by the dealer only taking a ‘$200 hit’.

Sorry if it was too much of a noob questions, just curious. Appreciate any help you can provide

Don’t count on the dealer saying “invoice” and that matching some number you find online. Figure out what they’re actually offering.

@mllcb42 Are those price scales on TrueCar and CarGurus accurate; Fair, Good, Great…? For example, if Fair = $33k, Good = $32k, and Great = $31k… Is it still possible you can get the deal for 30k?

I got my last vehicle for $5000 less than what truecar and cargurus called a great deal. I wouldn’t rely on them being particularly accurate. You need to look at actual, broken down deals.

3 Likes

@mllcb42 nice, what percentage under MSRP was that? Thats good to know about truecar and carguru. Where can i find actual, broken down deals? That’s what I thought I was seeing on that scale from truecar and carguru.

On that specific vehicle, after incentives, 15%. Most people were paying over MSRP with the best truecar numbers being just under MSRP after incentives.

You can find details on broken down deals here. That’s the main purpose of this site.

@mllcb42 Unfortunately not that many incentives available for subaru. I tried asking for first responder discount but they only do active military

Working in the car business during my twenties taught me really quick what I liked and didn’t like. The bonus being able to drive all sorts of different cars and not paying for them or paying a nominal demo fee.

1 Like

I must be the only one who saw this and thought “huh, better for a high end WRX than I expected.”

I think many of us here cannot wrap our heads around a net $436/month payment on a WRX when you can get other vehicles. Assuming it is a manual, there aren’t a ton of choices in the fun yet practical manual DD department, let alone that lease well. If it is what you want…

P.S. If you’re looking at a CVT, for shame and look at something else.

1 Like

@28firefighter It is a manual. I’ve always been a truck guy and have never had a fun car before. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc have never been my thing, but I’ve always loved the way the WRX looked and is more my style since all I’ve ever owned have been trucks. Now I’m in my 30s and want something different/fun. I’m hoping to get the selling price to 31k

You ever driven any of those euro rides? Go drive a GTI

There were $299/mo Base WRX deals last summer: those were a good value IMO. I agree in the mid-4s there are better values. Just depends if it’s the car or the deal.

@joeblogs my buddy has a GTI and it’s fun but I like the sedan size of the WRX versus the sub-compact of the GTI. I have a toddler and we go up to the snow and beach a lot, having that extra space when its needed would be nice

Why not buy a CPO STI that’s a few years old?

1 Like

WRX tends to be ridden hard and heavily modified (even if removed before trade). And they hold their value well enough I wouldn’t bother and just go new.

@mllcb42 I thought about it but i know people tend to drive these things hard, and kinda hard to find in my area. I’ve never had a brand new car and have always bought used so I figured I give this ‘lease’ thing a shot to see how it works out without having to buy cars cash like I have in the past. And if I enjoy the transition from the truck to a car, then buy the new 2021 STI model when the lease is up.

7k miles a year is another reason why you should finance. You’d be paying for miles (depreciation) that you won’t use, and will never recover the money unless you buy it out at the end - at which time you’d have burned the acquisition fee money and the higher rent charge vs. finance charge.

You can put $0 down on a finance, just like a lease, unless you have a DTI issue in which case a car is the absolute last thing you need to be looking at with a new family. You’re not “locked in” with a 36 or 60 or 84mo or 9999mo loan, you can sell at any time (just like a lease), and trust me this car won’t be difficult to sell.

1 Like

@chrishs2000 Thanks for the advice. How often are these deals legit from the dealers? I’m seeing these lease deals at another dealership nearby, I know its asking for $2899 down, but is the price still negotiable for these type of specials?

I’m going to say this again… You will waste money if you do not buy this car. It’s the worst and greatest investment you will ever know.

2 Likes

I made $4000 on my 2008 Evo GTR

1 Like