2020 WRX White Series Lease

Never, unless you really dive into the fine print and account for all the missing money, in which case they’re real, but almost never a good deal.

2 Likes

I really appreciate all the honesty from you guys, main reason I like this forum, you guys are straight up. I’m starting to understand what you guys mean by financing, it just scares me seeing over $500 monthly payments for 60 months when my initial thought was to lease for 3 years until the new 2021 model comes out and then use the equity to get the new model. Also having that piece of mind that maintenance is included and warranty since people drive these cars hard. I’m hoping I can get a good deal on a premium model from @rubbergash tomorrow when he’s back in the office.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure with interest rates like 1.99% after 3 years of financing if you try to switch you will come on top

1 Like

TIL: You can ride a horse 4K miles, tell him he needs to drink water or he’ll die, and he’s still stubborn enough to say “nahhh I’ll take my chances”.

2 Likes

It’s not about the monthly payment amount. It’s about the total cost over the period of time you’re keeping the vehicle. A lease’s total cost is more than a finance’s total cost for WRX/STI vehicles because the real world demand and resale value are so high. When you lease, the bank gets benefit of this. When you buy, you get the benefit.

Subaru’s are pretty reliable so I don’t worry about warranty with them. And they certainly don’t cost as much to fix as German vehicles do! Also, regarding maintenance, only brakes represent a significant expenditure to me. And that won’t be very often with low mileage usage. With a 7k mile usage rate, your maintenance costs will be about the same as mine which is LOW.

Exactly. This reminds me of Accord Hybrid guy. I need to put $9k down to lower my payments! It’s ONLY $400 a month!

I’ll never for the life of me understand why people actually believe that they’re stuck in a lease or a finance and can’t get out of either one at any time.

OP is going to lease this car, put 20k miles on it, and turn it in to the dealer with $10k positive equity. Whatever.

1 Like

I didn’t take the deal

2020 WRX Premium Performance Package (Manual)

MSRP: $34,342
Selling Price: $29,800
Monthly Payment: $347 (before tax)
Residual: 59%
MF: 0.0013
Drive-off: $972

10k miles, 36 month

What you think?

1 Like

Don’t be surprised if one of the other mods consolidates this into your other thread.

So you’re asking for feedback on @rubbergash’s deal? 13.3% discount seems pretty decent to me on WRX. Better than the discount you were getting on the white series and nearly the same features…

It is still an expensive lease for what you get and would still likely come out ahead on a buy now/trade in 3 years.

1 Like

This is actually a different deal from @rubbergash. I was in talk about this model with the same dealer that had the white series and told him I was considering Seth’s deal and he worked hard to keep me and gave me a better deal. This dealer is also local (LA) and Seth is down in SD. I really do appreciate what Seth did for me on his deal and I wasn’t thinking that this dealer was going to try to keep me with the non white series model

Got it. I think it’s not a great lease in general, but a strong deal for that car.

Not a strong deal? OK, name another nicely equipped All Wheel Drive Manual Transmission Rally car that you can lease for Drive Off’s Down, and $347 per month, I want to go and check them out…

3 Likes

I said it was a strong deal but not a great car to lease owing to the high MF and strong resale value. It’s a better value to purchase and trade if you want out in 3 years, IMO.

1 Like

Thats a huge loser deal for the dealership, plus WRXs arent necessarily known for being giveaway cars.

If its the car you want I would grab it right away, no one is going to beat that pricing

1 Like

I agree. My 2004 WRX premium (35k?) was $350/mo with tax 36/12 on a sign and drive. Which has nothing to do with the deal today. The only thing I’d do different was +tire and wheel and - rear-ended by a Reverend after donating blood.

This is a lot of fun at this price point and you only go around once. I’d sign (if they made 5dr I’d have one in my driveway).

This made me remember, with horror, the $315 a month payment I had in 1996 for a VW GTI VR6. Shockingly, at the time it actually was a very good deal.

2 Likes

Man I miss those VR6 cars…,

3 Likes

Me too @rubbergash…I had a 96 GTI VR6 and a 97 GLI VR6…loved em both! I put a Vortech on the GLI and it really woke that car up. These cars wouldnt be fast by todays standards, buy they seemed like it at the time (and they sure sounded good).

2 Likes

I had a VR6 once, loved that car and should’ve bought out the lease.

Sounds like OP is getting a great deal for the WRX with all things considered…even if buying it makes a lot more sense.

I had an 08 R32 that I wish I still had :frowning:

3 Likes