2020 Volvo XC60 Momentum quote SoFL

Ever heard of the phrase that you’ll get more flies with honey? Try being a little bit nicer when people are trying to help you and explain things to you. Instead, you’re adamant that you’re right and everyone else is wrong.

You may think that you have all the variables correct, but again, have you gone back to verify that there actually were no incentives when you got the 2018?

All other things aside, just because you think you can get a good discount or did, doesn’t mean you can replicate it at any time in the future. The same holds when people ask for discounts in January and February that equal those from December, but dealers may not be trying to make numbers at the beginning of the year, nor may they have volume bonuses. You don’t even know if their vehicle cost is the same or if their floorplan is exactly as it was then. There are so many variables here.

1 Like

You are so smart. Good luck with your car search.

Here is the latest email from my local dealer. I feel there is still $2,000 left. How would hackrs rate this?

“You are right the deal on the XC90 T6 is great here it is:
MSRP $59,605
$48,605 your price after all rebates and discounts
$2000 down ($30 for every $1,000)
$499+tax
36 months 10k miles per year”

I asked if it includes $4300 lease cash, $1250 costco and $500 loyalty. In response was yes, everything plus the kitchen sink.

Calculator is 10 a month off and $400 due at signing different. Probably because I dont know which incentives are taxed and untaxed, so I rolled it all into discount

Looks like 10% pre-incentive. Did you compare to posted deals or any current broker deals?

MF looks high but not sure. Did you check Edmunds? (I think anything over 1% looks high haha)

Yes MF without MSD is high. I’m trying to work the base deal first before getting into MSDs.

$6,050 in rebates, would be a 8.5 pre incentive discount, Right? From what I read, 10-11% is target and 12-13 is hackr status.

My 2nd response was “May was the best month in 4 years and we have a harder time keeping cars in stock than customers”

12-13% is closer to the standard.
15% or above is closer to unicorn territory.

On loaners, above 20% pre-incentive is really good.

I’ll start moving your statements like this to landfill, seriously. I’ve told you before that you just misleading people and give them false expectations, so enough already.

We already had a guy here who had been saying that 20% off on BMW loaners is a norm. Now he’s a broker and not saying it anymore lol

2 Likes

I think what I wrote is being perceived incorrectly.

I did not say that anything was the norm except 12-13% off, which we have seen be something a lot of people have been able to achieve on new cars with some careful planning and negotiating. No part of my comment notes that 20% off loaners is some sort of standard. I included the phrase “really good” instead of “average,” “typical,” “standard,” or “normal” because of that.

Anybody (especially newer people to the forum) can go to the Trophy Garage and look at deals on cars with huge discounts that people have gotten over the years. This can also serve as the double-edged sword in standardizing the idea that these discounts are both typical and expected.

It is NOT a norm, it is exceptional on a new Volvo.

There was not a single deal here at “15% or above”, so that unicorn talk is total BS. At 13% dealer is $4,200 behind invoice on a $60K car.

20% on a loaner is NOT “really good”, it is exceptional.

You look at the deals here but do not have a good understanding of underlying numbers/factors.

1 Like

I am not just referencing Volvo deals (though I can see by my username and the thread being posted as to why that may have been so). I am referencing deals from all different brands and models. I was also not trying to put a certain percentage discount as a blanket for every single car out there. Especially on Volvo, where incentives can make a lesser discount still be a great deal.

My adjectives and phrasings could use some more amplification. Though I am much newer to the forum than you are, I think we are both on the same page here on the difference between what can be classified as a terrible, decent, good, great, exceptional, or unicorn deal on a new car or loaner (with both of which being very different, of course).

Then it’s just stupid to make blanket statements like this. I’m talking about Volvo in Volvo threads, so should you.

And what do incentives have to do with your target %% before incentives?

Your blanket generalizations are useless.

Certainly sounds like what you were doing.

1 Like

Have you considered going out of state where there are more incentives and lower doc fees, plus it’s much easier to get base MF? The cost of shipping would more than pay for itself. I got my parents a car out of state, rather than in South Florida.

1 Like

Did you end up closing a deal on your parent’s Volvo? From the spreadsheets I’ve seen lately on this forum they dont seem that strong. May be better off waiting till 2021s come out and 2020 MF drop, because .00141 is pretty high. Really what kills the deal

Why do you think Volvo will drop MF on 2021 XC90? It’s been this high or higher on XC90 for over a year, including 2019s. Do MSDs to save around $40/mo

No I’m talking about the MF on 2020 dropping when the 2021s come out

It will not drop to where you want it to be. 2019s did not drop when 2020 came out.

1 Like

Yes, I ended up getting them a V60CC from out of state for much less.

1 Like