2020 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design ;-)

Signed and delivered. $415.xx per month, 36 months, 10/36. No protection package – that must have been a thing at the other dealer so ignore those comments earlier in the thread.

I’ve already filed for BonusDrive so I’m pretty happy with the deal.

Congratulations. What was the DAS?

First month only. It occurs to me that I can’t recall if I asked for a USAA discount or not. That may have been the additional $500 factored into the calculator @neverhaveleased built.

1 Like

$400 for an S60? Hell no!

It’s a T6R, not a bare-bones T5M. Very different price points.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t tell if @vhooloo was being sarcastic or not about the pricing. Hard to tell in a text-only message board, nonetheless, people on LH have become unnecessarily snarky as of late. Could be pandemic insecurities, could be stir-craziness, or maybe everyone’s true inner asshole is coming out. I have no idea.

But, yes, to confirm, this is a T6 R-Design w/heated steering wheel and seats. Approx $49,145 MSRP if I recall correctly. $415.xx/mo and only first payment DAS.

I did very well IMHO. This was the exact spec I wanted – which is worth something to me – but I also think this deal was among the best for a brand-new car.

That said, if you disagree, it’s really not relevant. I shared my deal to help others by providing a data point.

Be thankful. Be kind. Stay safe.

1 Like

I leased a 47k s60 for 250 a month. Most S60s are good deals in the 300 range. Enjoy.

I can’t get that low (2xx) on that sticker. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Where is the thread? I have not seen an S60 anywhere near those numbers unless there was DAS and MSDs.

1 Like

Beast mode! What was the key to closing that deal.

It was 4 years ago. And he turned into a troll lately.
And it was S60CC that no one wanted.

7 Likes

As ursus said, the key was to pick a car nobody wants. Like a 200 Tundra, a 100 i3, a 250 s60, a 500 x6 etc etc

Love the unloved - its a strategy that can work. Well done.

Never saw any of these in Share Deals or Trophy Garage. So, proof or it never happened.

2 Likes

Check the Trophy garage again. Your eyesight is failing.

This Ford based thing? I swear, sometimes you are worse than my family fighting over the check.

Hard to judge a deal four years ago to a deal today. Frankly, it’s hard to judge a deal between one month and the next given MF and RV fluctuations.

So is the choice to select between a good deal on a car you wanted vs a great deal on a car you don’t? I’ve seen better deals on higher-priced BMWs, as an example, than my deal. Those cars were compromises for me, though. This one was not.

To each his or her own and preferences certainly matter.

1 Like

I disagree with you there. It’s not hard when you break down the numbers (which is why we were asking you for pre-incentive discount numbers from the get go).

If you only try to compare monthly payments, then I agree, but if you look at the inputs into the leasing formula rather than the output, comparing cross month is trivial.

Not always. If you are looking for the specific car with one interior/exterior combination and a certain group of options, then most likely you will have to compromise on the deal. However, there is a balance between car and deal, which is where you find a lot of the posted deals.

In terms of years, yes. The 2017 S60CC is a completely different car compared to the 2020 S60, but under $300/month deals do show up on T5 MOM loaners once in a while (not the norm). However, you can definitely use the discount somebody got last month to get the correct dealer discount while adjusting for updated leasing factors and incentives.

Nope. I knew you posted one in Trophy Garage after I asked you multiple times, though you never shared full details on this or any other of your cars. But I thought you wouldn’t remember.