2020 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design ;-)

Been here for a while, but this is my first post. Don’t skewer me.

2020 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design
MSRP: $49,145
Monthly Payment: $415.xx (6.35% CT tax inclusive)
Drive-Off Amount: $415.xx (just first month)
Months:36
Annual Mileage:10k
MF:.00075
Residual: 54%
Incentives: loyalty (not sure I qualified for anything else other than Costco. There’s no Costco on the S60.)
Region: Northeast/New England

Black/black (no metallic black with the S60, boo!), heated rear seats and steering wheel, ?protection package? (not sure of this – I think my dealers tack this on to all their cars but it is of minimal use to me anyway). This is a lower-end S60 R-Design and is optioned exactly how I wanted it. Got lucky on color and options.

I’m a little light on the details as I don’t have the final paperwork and the dealer took the car off the site because they’ve held it for me. We agreed to a bottom-line number all inclusive that I thought was super-aggressive (I’m happy, at least), so I saw no need to wring my hands or press further. Plus, I’ll do the $500 Bonusdrive after delivery. I can’t believe that thing exists; I can CONFIRM it works as I had my friend do it with her Hyundai.

Don’t pick the car up until the end of the month so no picture till then. Also, I tend to lease about one Volvo or so per year plus referrals so the dealer may have been extra-inclined to make my life easy.

Happy hunting folks!

2 Likes

Really nice car. What was your pre-incentive discount? From your post, it seems that you have not signed the paper yet, so we can still try to help.

Got lazy and did not get each and every number ironed out prior to agreement. I did a triangulation with what I thought leases were at and the monthly beat where I was looking to go. Additionally, given past and current Volvo leases, I’m way ahead of the game.

Like Fry, I said “Shut up and take my money!” If memory serves, I think the sale price was about 22 percent off MSRP prior to the loyalty incentive. It’s been a week since I ran the calculator and the calculator was more than the dealer quote. In interest of expediency, I agreed to it.

Would you share the dealer here or pm?

With just loyalty, it had to be a pretty large discount. Either way, congratulations! S60 is a really great car, and the T6 could only make it better.

Definitely post some pictures of the car when you get it.

The s60s tend to have significant dealer cash/Volvo allowances thrown at them. I doubt this is anywhere even remotely near 22 percent pre-incentive.

1 Like

Not prior, no. That would be an all inclusive number.

Look, I’m trying to share an example of what’s possible and I didn’t bother figure all the numbers out in this instance because I didn’t care. Certainly, you are right about the dealer cash and Volvo allowances. Again, didn’t care enough to do the work in this instance though I typically do.

If you, or anyone else, wishes to play with the calculator, combine any variety of incentives, and figure out exactly how all the numbers aligned, you are welcome to do so.

Are you anywhere even remotely interested in doing so? I’m not.

This assumes $4500 dealer cash and $1500 loyalty.

Seems like a very fair deal considering the ‘hacker stars’ aren’t aligning on the Costco and FR incentives.

1 Like

No msds? Rest of the fees were rolled into the lease amount?

Nice job. I don’t understand the -$550 down payment but the rest could be the right math. Nice job, quite helpful.

Correct. All in.

I think that happens when you go half way between $0 DAS and full first month+Inceptions. You’re essentially borrowing that money to lower the first payment.

1 Like

The protection package is a couple hundred and basically specced on all cars. It’s just rubber floor mats (which are pretty decent quality) and a piece of trim that sits by where your trunk opens so loading and unloading you don’t scratch your bumper. It’s worth it if you have snow or salt.

Post a pic when youre done! I love my 2019 S60 T6 and so will you!!

1 Like

-$550 down adjustment is made to make the calculator das amount match

1 Like

No, I don’t think that’s what it is. This is my fourth Volvo since March '19 and they all had a protection package. It was some nonsense that includes damage protection for the inside of the car. There’s a big profit incentive for doing so and it seemed to be included on all the cars I specced. ('19 S60 T6 R-Design, '19 XC60 R-Design T5, '19 S60 Momentum). None of those vehicles included the rubberized mats or protection elements you referenced, though, I’m familiar with the reference.

I will post a pic or two upon or after delivery. I love the '19 S60 T6 R-Design I already have. This one is configured the same minus a metallic color.

1 Like

Then the name you referenced is something other than the name “Protection Package”. Take a look online for the term and you will find it including weather mats.

This is also direct from the Volvo dealer catalog.

Please take a look at the window sticker and let us know what exactly the name of it is called.

2 Likes

As I was trying (perhaps poorly) to convey, I agree with you. I’ve seen this stuff and I know it’s available. When I first saw the the option listed on the cars I’ve acquired, I was concerned because I did not want any of this stuff on my cars. Turned out it was some interior protection thing.

I’ll see if I can get a window sticker.