2020 Stinger GT2 AWD

First post, so forgive me if I forget anything. Trying to negotiate a Stinger and, as I’ve read, can be difficult depending on the dealer. I feel like there’s more room to negotiate on the starting price. Looking for suggestions on where to start with % off the MSRP.
MF is .00185 and residual is $27,212.50.
Thanks.

stingers pretty much only make sense to lease if you’re doing it to immediately buy it out due to the larger lease incentives

From the calculations I’ve done, owning would cost me about $100, more monthly. I really prefer a lease, since I’m not committed to keeping it past a 3 year window. This would be my 3rd vehicle so it wont be driven much and I’d like to keep my monthly payment as low as possible and with less commitment. They have a 2019 demo with 700 miles, but said they won’t lease it. So I’m torn on going Kia or BMW, to get a better deal.

Instead of comparing the monthly, compare the 3 year out of pocket cost.

I’d really struggle to justify $600+ on one of these when I could get a g70 or an m340 for less

4 Likes

You do realize that with a purchase you get to keep the car after the final payment, right?

4 Likes

I haven’t looked at the numbers on a G70, yet. I will do that to get a better comparison. Appreciate the advice.

Yeah but what’s a Kia worth after 5 years?

BMW leases loaners with a lot more miles than that. Maybe look into that?

I would recommend Volvo, but the only thing that will come close to the GT2 is a T6 or T8 R-Design S60/90. Problem is that R-Design models and T8s rarely go on loaner, and I don’t think the incentives are good enough now to lease one of them. Still, it would probably be cheaper to lease than the Stinger of you found one that has been renting out a parking space on a monthly basis :joy:.

Manager sent me this on a 2019 GT2. I’ve never had one send me something like this. But he said he’s an open book. Do you think the G70 (similar trim) is still a better value?

I do like the look of the S60 but haven’t sat in or driven one. The last quote I got on a Volvo (XC60) was exorbitantly high but it wasn’t a loaner. Maybe I’ll have to look into one of those, as well.

No dealer is going to lose $2000 on a car. The terms are better (I would still look at other vehicles for price comparison), but I just think that there are some smoke and mirrors here.

According to that he’s making $3k on the backend…lol

I really enjoy my S60. It was a loaner and a T5 FWD, but I got it for $300 with $0 DAS and couldn’t be happier. I am no critic, but it is fun to drive and minimal turbo lag.

Signed: 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum FWD (Loaner)

1 Like

Lol I didn’t even see the second number. I just am not getting the “open book” vibe being presented.

I’m not familiar with what that means in dealer world. That would be post sale of just the vehicle right? Not exactly sure where that number comes from.

That’s very reasonable for a nice Volvo. I’ll definitely check around. I’m not set on model or even brand. I just like the look and options in the Stinger. I’m definitely not in a hurry, so that helps a bit. Leasing is less risky when it comes to reliability so that opens a large array of options for me.

So they have the rate marked up on the deal, so they’re are losing the ~$1900ish on the front end but making ~$3k on the rate. In reality they are keeping the hold back, which I assume is ~%3 of msrp

The floorplan on that stinger must be like the total of 3 average priced kia’s

1 Like

Don’t KIA’s have some crazy 100,000 mile powertrain warranty? They are surely not a CamCord, but the long warranty wouldn’t have me worried as much.

That actually make a lot of sense. Didn’t see that high MF.

Better value and a much much nicer car

2 Likes