2020 Stinger GT2 AWD

Gotcha. So I could either push for more off to start (maybe unsuccessfully) or just look elsewhere. Seems like look elsewhere is a common sentiment on the Stinger.

Seems like under $450 would be a deal on one of these

Seems like, in my area, the Genesis brand is way harder to come by than a Kia. But it does seem like quite a few more bells and whistles. I’ll check it out this weekend.

Under $450 with the 1st payment DAS option? I’m getting something like a 9 on the LH calculator. I’ll play around with it to do better and see where it goes.

Yeah, that would be a deal. Get them to $440 and it looks like a net net deal or close to it

1 Like

Following. It would be really cool to see that happen. Even on a new 2019!

Have you talked to other dealers or looked at other inventory?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been lurking and reading for a while and finally decided to sign up and ask. You guys are great. Much appreciated.

1 Like

FYI the residual is awful on this car, even at 10k

I don’t know, but only comparing monthly payments on a lease vs. a purchase ignores a critical detail that’s necessary to actually compare total costs of each approach.

I’ve also really liked the Stingers since they came out and would love to lease one. Unless Kia makes some major changes, it won’t make sense for anyone to reasonably lease one. Their high MF and low residual make it impossible. I’m with the others that the M340 and G70 make a lot more sense and give you a better bang for the buck.

1 Like

Lease new(or fart car), buy used. Even if you take all the lease rebates and buy it out after a few months, the payments will still be sky high.

I wasn’t advocating one approach or the other, I was only pointing out that comparing a lease payment to a finance payment is insufficient analysis to determine to compare relative costs.

1 Like

Yeah the 1% rule is better for that…lol. :point_right::teddy_bear:

1 Like

Now that, sir, is mathematical genius.

Not many 19s left locally that have the AWD option. So if I want the 19 rebate, I’d have to negotiate on this or broaden my searches to 1.5hr+. But for the right deal, I’d be all for it. Like I said, in no hurry so time is on my side for now.
Seeing as the MF is so much lower on the G70, that absolutely seems the smarter route… if I can find one. Reached out to BMW and Genesis dealer today.

G70 is a nice car. Good deals always seem to be ones far away, and I have had my fair share.

If you think about the glass half full: you are potentially saving hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a couple more hours of a drive, which is a good return on time investment IMO.

2 Likes

Some of you guys really don’t like the Stinger I see! Comparing it directly to a G70 doesn’t quite make a lot of sense to me personally but that’s me. I’ve driven both cars several times and they each have a very unique attitude and specific appeal. If this guy wants the Stinger, he should get one, especially if the numbers look good.

1 Like

There’s the problem. They don’t. The stinger is a very poor leasing value.

And the depreciation. That’s no gift. LOL I’d not buy this car.

But the 24mo lease incentive is just insane. Someone got '19 leftovers like $35k-ish, Let’s say '20 isn’t as good and OTD is 40k. Judging by the '18 selling prices, you probably can trade it in for $30k after 2 years. That’s effectively $400/mo which is a great deal for the Stinger. I haven’t seen anyone who were able to lease it sub $450, not even $500 if my memory serves me right.