2020 Prius Prime Purchase

What’s your rent charge for leasing sign off?

What does that mean?

Are you guys still open tomorrow 3/20?

Looks like some great deals possible for individuals who qualify for discount programs in CA.

This sample assumes single filer making $51,000 annually buying car at MSRP.

MSRP - $27900

• $1500 Toyota Customer Cash (this might depend on your zip code, not sure)
  • $1000 CA CVRP
  • $4500 California Clean Vehicle Assistance Program (income limit for 1 person $51,040)
  • $4462 Federal tax credit ($4462 is this individuals entire liability)
  • $800 PG&E
  • $750 Uber Driver

Effective price $14,888 + TTL. Even cheaper if you manage any dealer discount! On top of all this, also Free Level 2 charger from Clean Vehicle Assistance Program Up to $2000 value OR $1000 EVGO charging card.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Why Prime when you can buy a Model 3 instead.

Can you get a new model 3 for $16k after incentives?

5 Likes

Perhaps you feel safer with an established car manufacturer who has service and collision centers. Maybe you prefer a phev over an ev for a variety of reasons.

A much better value.

2 Likes

SR base $35K unless you can find a demo SR+ and have it downgraded. I’ve gotten a couple people into these just shy of $30K before applicable state rebates (No more fed credits unfortunately)

Definitely not 16K but definitely looks better than the current gen Prius.

I think the Model 3 is a great car. I expect I’ll buy one eventually.

But you are really comparing apples to oranges here. A base model 3 with a 220 mile range - versus the Prius Prime which is about half the price brand new with these rebates and no range constraints whatsoever.

Every car has range constraints eventually.

Was anyone able to score any deals on the 2020 Prius Prime in the bay area this month?

I am also from the bay area and interested in buying XLE.

@Cody_Carter is SoCal Toyota. He should be able to help.

1 Like

Appreciate it… unfortunately we have a 2 month wait list on Prime. Most are sold to Replace Your Ride

Those rebates Michael quoted don’t apply to model 3. Well, at least the biggest one which is CVAP.

I have a question though — why are the quoted Cash prices on dealer websites always at least $1K above MSRP quoted on the Manufacturer website? Is that delivery fees? Sometimes it’s way over $1K… and even when I add the price of the options in it doesn’t add up.

Just trying to see how to negotiate the cash price of the vehicle before pulling out the CVAP/RYR what not.

Base MSRP on Toyotas website is just that BASE. Depending where you are looking its not including delivery or any factory installed options. Every car will have factory installed options.

CVRP doesn’t matter to the dealer as you handle that on your own. RYR is only select dealers and normally only specific sales people at that store.

Thanks for your explanation Cody. That makes much more sense to the dealer pricing.

For factory installed options such as “All Weather Floor Mats” and “wheel locks”, can those be taken off for price reduction at the request of the customer?

How’s the current pricing for RYR customers? Is it sold at MSRP or are there room for negotiation?

Factory options can’t be removed.

It’s pretty much MSRP as there is far more demand than supply. There are a lot of RYR dealers actually getting thousands over msrp

1 Like

Yes understood however I was talking about CVAP (clean vehicle assistance program). This also has select dealerships and requires pre-approval.

For example Prius Prime LE on the Toyota website starts at 27.9k. Here the advertised price is above that. And all of them are. By at least 1k. Why is that? That’s not just floor mats etc.

Shipping and added equipment. I pulled the specs on that car