2020 Prius Prime Purchase

It was mentioned before but want to make sure people understand the CVRP requires a minimum of 35 ev miles to qualify for the rebate.

“Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid Does not meet minimum 35 mile electric range requirement (implemented December 3, 2019)†“

Prius Prime is different from Prius Plug in Hybrid. Prius Prime still shows as an eligible vehicle on the CVRP website: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligible-vehicles

The CVRP requirements are also based on the UDDS test, also known as the city test. This generally reports higher range estimates than the EPA advertised test. The article below states that EPA range is typically about 70% of the UDDS range, so 25 miles divided by 70% is approximately 35 miles.

1 Like

I couldn’t figure out why the Prime was still on the list…but you got it! Here is the text from the implementation manual:

“Light-Duty Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs)
PHEVs are hybrid electric vehicles that have zero-emission vehicle range capability, an on-board electrical energy storage device, and an on-board charger, and are rechargeable from an external connection to an off-board electrical source. Rebate-eligible PHEVs include only those meeting Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) tailpipe-emission standards, have a 15-year 150,000 mile warranty on emission-control components, and have zero evaporative emissions from its fuel system. All eligible PHEVs must have greater than or equal to 35 miles of Urban Dynamometer Driving Schedule (UDDS) range on electricity alone.”

do they ask for proof of these? how does that work?

i think if you could show proof, they will match the price

Uber account has to be active, don’t have to take any trips though. Anyone can do that just download the app and upload an id and wait a couple days for approval.

Triathalon costs 50 bucks for a year. Just google usa triathalon and register.

The Oregon dealer I was going to buy from was accepting both rebates so am not sure why some dealers are crying about manufacturer cash back.

Keys Toyota Van Nuys won’t let me combine the credit with toyota rebate, that sucks, is it new this year?

WoW this dealer really sucks, asking 4000-5000 down, and 400-500 per month to lease a 30,000 car? I am looking for 0 down and 1% of MSRP (270-280 ish) 27,000 Prius Prime LE

Definitely won’t get your number… That would be almost $3k under invoice before rebate

2 Likes

Is RYR going to send me a check or car dealer going to deduct from RYR

Goes to the dealer… Makes sense now why they hit you way over msrp. Keyes and Norwalk do that when they hear you are RYR

Which dealer doesn’t? I went to north Hollywood they give me 0 down 304 per month, with taking RYR 9000.

We sell at MSRP on Prius Prime. We have a 1+ month wait on cars. Send me a PM

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18lXSpDlIIgHd49balEoM5c6-yk986ONq/view?usp=drivesdk

How stupid it is in Van Nuys, taking the 9000 RYR and still 284 per month, seems it’s only 15 dollar off, from their 1999 down 299 per month, where that 7000 dollars go?

To profit :joy::joy:

1 Like

I mean if they want to participate the program, just don’t rip people off that bad, and get a bad reputation.

RYR only give me 1 month to purchase the car though, I need extension I guess

A lot of those dealers have a bad rep already.
We do contracts on future cars all the time. So it’s not an issue. As long as there is a VIN

1 Like

Could you take my number with PM, i don’t know how to PM here, first day here, thank you Sir