2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited

I’ve done my comparison shopping and realized that I’d really like a Palisade but I can only see upside in waiting until the hype dies down a bit (prices will either stay the same or go down). I had a Kia dealer tell me “everything is leasing at MSRP” and that he couldn’t help me out on a Telluride EX w/Premium.

To @karlz51 point, if I could get the SEL I’m looking at (MSRP of around $42k) down to from the absurd $580 I was offered I would do it in a heartbeat.

1 Like

if a dealer doesnt want negotiate then move to another dealer. Others Hyuandai dealers were willing to negotiate and sell esp now at the end of the year.

I believe that prices will come down on the 2020 Palisade starting January or February, reason is simple: EV and Hybrids in the next 2-3 years are making gas cars lose value quickly. At least thats what few mechanics and a salesman at Carmax told me. Hence why im leasing for another 36 months before I am ready to buy an EV in 2023

let me know how you make out

Hello,
My wife has a 2018 Highlander XLE AWD and wanted to test the 2020 Palisade SEL AWD with MSRP of $38,950 (cloth) 2 days ago. We did and we liked it (except the off-center feel of the steering).
When we got home to think about it we could buy the Palisade for $37,750 plus tax and reg or get a Highlander (2019) XLE AWD with MSRP of $43,500 for $8,000 off at $35,500 that also has leather and nav.
While I do lease vehicles (2019 Tundra) I can’t see buying a Palisade without incentives as the depreciation is likely brutal.

Bear

FWIW, KBB is predicting the 5yr total cost of ownership (of which depreciation is a huge component) for the Palisade and Telluride won’t be much higher than the Highlander and Pilot.

I did not get the Palisade. Dealerships refused to budge on the lease price and the fact that you had to go for the higher MSRP SEL at $40,500 to get the premium package with Leather and LED lights was just a let down to me. They want you to pay an extra $5,000 almost to bite on the hype. I would also would not recommend to buy the Palisade. Never buy a 1st gen model. Wait for the second at minimum. I think best is to let the hype die on the Palisade which may happen once the 2021 model comes out and i think they would have incentives by then.

Ended up getting an amazing deal on the Acura MDX Base Model (comes with front LED lights, Leather seats etc.) : Acura MDX Base vs Tech Package Lease Deals

Also negotiated down the Acura MDX Tech Package (but didnt go for it) for $397 (before tax) monthly and $1,000 down / 36 months with $1,000 incentives applied for loyalty / $7,500 miles. No accessories.

2 Likes

The palisade definitely takes more effort to find a dealer willing to play, but there are some out there.
After incentives, I paid $6k under MSRP for mine.

I don’t doubt you can get 15% off a vehicle sitting on the lot but up in Green Bay, WI where I am they are lucky to have 2 in-stock at any one time and almost all are pre-ordered; there is nothing to discount.

Bear

I know there’s a dealer in chicago that’s been going pretty deep in the discounts.

Its tough to get a Hyundai dealership to negotiate over the phone or email. All I kept hearing for 2 month was come on in so we can make you a deal.

Hyundai Nissani literately refused to talk to me over the phone or email. And Carlsbad dealership were not so flexible in giving a good deal for a $40,500 Palisade SEL. All i got was $506 + tax and $2,500 down from them.

Meanwhile called Acura spoke with them over the phone 3x and few emails back and forth and got a great deal on the MDX within 48 hours. Picked it up 1 day later.

I sadly had the same experience with Nissani. They were impossible to deal with.

With Carlsbad, I didn’t ask them for a price. I made them an offer that they accepted.

Agreed that an MDX deal would likely be a much easier process.

Just letting you know, the navagation on the highlanders (before 2020), damn AWFUL! Dont oick 2019 highlander for navagation!

2 Likes

Getting nav on a car is like asking for a cd player, AndroidAuto/CarPlay are the new standard

2 Likes

Add that to the list of things the 2019 highlander doesn’t have.

I would tend to agree AFTER someone does an integration wirelessly, I hate cables.

Bear

1 Like

This is what I’m dealing with every dealer in my area…I can’t seem to find out how you guys are getting better prices.

I shopped every dealer within a 300 mile radius and I made them an offer rather than ask their price.

1 Like

I’m at the point now where I’m willing to pay 650 a month with 2000 due at signing… when I offer that they look at me like I’m crazy…is this even possible??

Why not get an XC90? $650/mo with $2k down opens up allot of different choices, it’s just a lease, not a 10 year commitment and something you have to love forever

2 Likes

Just leased a Palisade limited 2020 in SoCal, 36months 12k miles a year.
Paid $2,000 at signing and monthly is $640.00
So it’s possible.